Performance Appraisals: Arizona
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Arizona employers should not make defamatory statements about their employees while issuing performance appraisals. See Defamation.
- Arizona's civil rights laws bar employers from basing performance appraisals on an employee's membership in a particular class. See Discrimination.
- Arizona employers must comply with the performance appraisal policies in the employment contract. See Employment Contract Breach.
- Employers must not invade employees' privacy when conducting performance appraisals. See Invasion of Privacy.
- Employers may not conduct or use performance appraisals in a retaliatory manner. See Retaliation.
- Arizona employers may be sued for negligent retention in certain circumstances. See Negligent Retention.