Performance Appraisals: Wyoming
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Vonde Smith, Law Offices of Vonde M. Smith, PC
- Performance appraisals can be used against employers in particular situations. However, employers can also use performance appraisals to overcome employee claims. See Employer Liability Regarding Performance Appraisals.
- In certain instances, statements made in the context of a performance appraisal can give rise to an implied contract for continued employment. See Implied Contracts.
- Poor performance evaluations can be used by employers to overcome a claim of retaliatory discharge. See Retaliatory Discharge.
- State employees must undergo performance appraisals. See Public Employee Requirements.
- Wyoming employers enjoy immunity from claims arising from providing job references, with certain exceptions. See Job Reference Immunity.