Preemployment Screening and Testing: Delaware
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Job applicants in Delaware need not reveal an expunged criminal record unless they are seeking a law enforcement position. See Criminal Records.
- There are special screening requirements on employers operating health care or childcare facilities. See Mandatory Background Checks.
- Delaware restricts employers' access to certain motor vehicle records in connection with background checks. See Motor Vehicle Records.
- Delaware law requires that employers in specific industries conduct drug testing of their job applicants. Employers that fail to comply may face substantial civil penalties. See Drug Testing.
- Unlike medical marijuana legalization laws in many other states, Delaware offers specific protections for covered employees. See Medical Marijuana.