Public Sector Labor Relations: Kansas
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- The Kansas Public Employer-Employee Relations Act (KPEERA) provides rights to employees of public employers that elect to be subject to its provisions. See The Kansas Public Employer-Employee Relations Act.
- KPEERA prohibits certain unfair labor practices of both employers and employees. See Public Employer Unfair Labor Practices and Public Employee or Union Unfair Labor Practices.
- The Kansas Public Employee Relations Board (PERB) administers hearings and protects the rights granted to employers and employees under the KPEERA. See Kansas Public Employee Relations Board.
- Penalties for unfair labor practices are not specifically stated in the KPEERA. See Penalties for Unfair Labor Practices.
- Public employees are prohibited from striking. See No Right to Strike or Institute a Lockout.
- Public employers are prohibited from instituting a lockout. See No Right to Strike or Institute a Lockout.