Public Sector Labor Relations: Nevada
XpertHR has archived this resource in order to focus on our core mission of serving the private sector with practical employment law updates and information.
- All local government employers are subject to the Local Government Employee-Management Relations Act, which defines the process of collective bargaining for public employees in Nevada. See The Local Government Employee-Management Relations Act.
- Employees have the right to join, or refuse to join an employee organization, and employers and employee organizations are prohibited from various acts which would interfere with that right. See Labor Rights of Employees.
- Local government employers are required to negotiate in good faith regarding several mandatory topics, and can agree to negotiate regarding other topics. See Negotiations and Contracting.
- Disputes, including the inability to reach agreement, are subject to a process of mediation, fact-finding, and finally, panel resolution. See Mediation and Fact-Finding.
- Firefighters, law enforcement and school district employees have special procedures for collective bargaining within the Act. See Special Procedures for Firefighters, Police Officers and School District Employees.
- Public employees are not permitted to strike. See No Right to Strike.