Public Sector Labor Relations: Vermont
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Susan Borowski, Reliable Writing Services
- The Municipal Employee Relations Act governs public sector labor relations, including some aspects in regard to teachers. See Municipal Employee Relations Act.
- The Municipal Employee Relations Act specifies what actions constitute unfair labor practices by public employers and employee organizations. See Unfair Labor Practices.
- The Vermont Labor Relations Board has specific procedures for resolving unfair labor practices. See Resolution of Unfair Labor Practices.
- The statute includes procedures for mediation and binding arbitration. See Mediation and Arbitration.
- Public employees generally have the right to strike, except in certain circumstances. See Right to Strike.