Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Arizona mirrors federal law in banning job advertisements and notices that discriminate against a protected class unless they relate to a bona fide occupational qualification. See Job Advertisements and Notices.
- Employers must not discourage certain groups from applying for a particular position. See Qualified Individuals With Disabilities.
- Arizona permits programs that reward employees for referring qualified recruits to their current employer. See Employee Referrals.
- Phoenix and Tucson both go beyond both state and federal law in protecting job applicants from discrimination during the recruitment process. See Local Discrimination Laws.
- Arizona regulates the hiring of minors for many jobs, especially occupations that might be deemed hazardous. See Underage Workers.