Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Karen R. Glickstein, Polsinelli
- Employers in Missouri generally can use a variety of recruiting methods and sources to find job candidates. See Methods and Sources.
- The Missouri Human Rights Act applies to private employers with six or more employees and all public employers. See Missouri Antidiscrimination Law.
- The Missouri Commission on Human Rights has issued guidelines on recruiting, including rules on employment advertising practices and guidance on neutral job titles. See Advertising Guidelines.
- While no Missouri law prohibits discrimination by private employers based on sexual orientation or gender identity, a number of cities in the Show-Me State have such prohibitions. See Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
- Missouri law places some limitations on the recruitment and hiring of minors. See Underage Workers.