Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Ohio law permits employers to use a variety of means to find and attract potential employees, and Ohio sponsors a website particularly for these purposes. See Methods and Sources.
- Ohio law prohibits employers from utilizing job advertisements that indicate individuals from certain protected classes need not apply or are disfavored. See Ohio Fair Employment Laws.
- Ohio is an at-will employment state, but employers may face liability for promises made during the recruiting process. See Recruiting Promises.
- Misclassification of independent contractors is receiving increasing attention, so employers should be precise in their classifications. See Independent Contractors.
- Ohio law sharply restricts the timing and type of work that minors may perform.See Recruiting Minors.