Terms of Employment: Wyoming
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Vonde Smith, Law Offices of Vonde M. Smith, PC
- There are many state statutes in Wyoming that affect an employee's terms of employment. See Wyoming Statutes Affecting Terms of Employment.
- Wyoming law prohibits certain types of discrimination and retaliation in employment matters. See Wyoming Fair Employment Practices Act.
- Employment is presumed to be at-will unless there is an express contract or evidence of converting the at-will employment to an implied contract. See At-Will Employment.
- Wyoming recognizes exceptions to the at-will presumption. See Exceptions to the At-Will Employment Relationship.
- Restrictive covenants are enforceable in Wyoming as part of a valid contract. See Restrictive Covenants in Employment Contracts.