Training and Development: Nevada
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Under Nevada law, state agencies are responsible for providing training to their employees in order to improve the employees' professional competence, and the state must provide paid leave for attendance at training. See State Training Requirements.
- Under Nevada law, certain employees are required to obtain training as a condition of employment. See Occupation-Specific Training Requirements.
- Under Nevada law, applicants for certain licenses are required to complete training before they are eligible to be licensed. See State Training Requirements; Occupation-Specific Training Requirements.
- Under Nevada law, public employees must receive training with respect to sexual harassment issues. See State Training Requirements.
- Nevada's Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation provides a number of services to job seekers and employers. See State Resources.