Union Organization and Labor Relations: Arizona
The below content should be reviewed in conjunction with the in-depth federal coverage of this topic provided above
Author: Paige A. Martin, Kutak Rock LLP
- Private employees have the right to bargain collectively and form a union. See Labor Law.
- Public employees are prohibited from engaging in collective bargaining. See Labor Law.
- Arizona is a "right to work" state and has enacted laws protecting the rights of employees to refuse to join a union. See Right to Work.
- The legality of picketing in Arizona may be determined by the motivation of the union. See Picketing.
- Employers often engage in tactics known as "union busting". See Union Busting.
- Arizona has an Agricultural Employment Relations Board for farmers and farm workers. See Farm Workers.