The below content should be reviewed in conjunction with the in-depth federal coverage of this topic provided above.
Author: Todd Lyon, Barran Liebman LLP
- Employees in both the public and private sectors have the right to organize and bargain collectively. See Right to Organize and Bargain Collectively.
- Certain agricultural workers have rights to collectively bargain with their employer. See Agricultural Workers.
- Employers have free speech rights in both the public and private sectors. However, employers cannot force employees to attend a meeting to hear information concerning unions. See Employer Free Speech Rights.
- Employees in both the public and private sectors have the right to strike, except for public safety employees and public transit workers. See Strikes/Picketing.
- The State Conciliation Service provides mediation services to both public and private sector employers. See Dispute Resolution.
- Oregon is not a "right to work" state. See No Right to Work.