Workplace Security: Tennessee
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Tennessee has adopted the Uniform Trade Secret Act. See Trade Secrets.
- The state has regulations in place for protecting personal information. See The Tennessee Data Breach Notification Law.
- Tennessee is a Shall Issue state, meaning that officials must issue a concealed carry weapon (CCW) permit to qualified applicants. See Guns and Weapons in the Workplace.
- An employer may not terminate an employee who lawfully stores a gun in his or her car while parked in an employer parking area. See Guns and Weapons in the Workplace.
- Under the State Plan, nearly all employers must address emergency procedures in the workplace. See Emergency Plans and Emergency Closings.