What are the main steps in conducting a job analysis project?
Author: Linda Segall, Segall Enterprises
The main steps in conducting a job analysis project are:
- Confirm the purpose of the project, such as job design, job evaluation or selection criteria;
- Identify the attributes of the information needed, such as work context or work inputs/outputs;
- Select the methods and sources for gathering information. Methods may include written questionnaires and interviews, for example, and sources may include worker(s) and supervisor(s);
- Announce and begin the project;
- Gather and analyze the data;
- Document results; and
- Conduct a post-project assessment to ensure accuracy of the information.