What group health plan costs have to be included when determining the cost of group health plan coverage?
Author: Gloria Ju
Group health plan costs that must be included in the calculation of the cost of group health plan coverage include:
- Employer contributions to health savings accounts and health reimbursement arrangements; and
- Employer and employee contributions to:
- Medical and prescription drug plans;
- Dental and vision plans, excluding stand-alone dental and vision plans provided under a separate policy; and
- Health care flexible spending accounts.