Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to use of XpertHR ("the Service") and the materials and information it contains ("Materials") by individual subscribers ("Subscribers"), by employees duly authorized by an organization which is a Subscriber or any other person authorized by Reed Elsevier, Inc. ("Authorized Users"). References to an Unauthorized Person means any person who is not a Subscriber, or an Authorized User. By purchasing the right to use the Service you agree to these terms and conditions.
Authorized Users and Subscribers may use the Service and the Materials that appear on it from time to time for their own private or business research, and for this purpose may:
- Display the Materials on screen;
- Make single printouts of individual items; and
- Download and store in machine readable form for no more than ninety (90) days a single copy of insubstantial portions of the Materials included in a particular file, primarily for one person's exclusive use.
Any other use requires our prior written consent. Contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or call 1-855-XPERTHR (1-855-973-7847).
- Restrictions on Use
Authorized Users and Subscribers may not:
- Make multiple printouts or copies of Materials for distribution to others except where permitted in the Materials themselves;
- Re-sell the Service or any part of the Materials to others;
- Make the Service or any Materials available on a local area network, a wide area network or on any intranet or extranet. A separate multi-user license is available for this purpose;
- Download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, copy, distribute or use the Materials other than as permitted by paragraph 1 above.
- Passwords and Security
- Passwords are for the personal use of the individual to whom they are issued and may not be made available to others for the purpose of using the Service. If we suspect that a password is being used by an Unauthorized Person we may cancel the password.
- We may suspend access to the Service at any time without compensation if we suspect, on reasonable grounds, a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Materials and features may be added to and removed from the Service without notice.
- The Materials and information included in the Service are provided for reference purposes only. They are not intended either as a substitute for professional advice or judgment or to provide legal or other advice with respect to particular circumstances.
- Every effort is made to keep Materials up to date but users are advised to obtain independent verification or advice before relying on any piece of information in circumstances where loss or damage may result.
- The Service and Materials are provided on an 'as is' basis and Reed Business Information Limited excludes to the extent permitted by law all implied as warranties relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
- Use of the LexisNexis Services on the site is subject to the LexisNexis terms and conditions.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights and other rights in the Service and Materials (in both machine readable and printed form) belong to Reed Business Information Limited or its third party licensors. Subscribers and Authorized Users acquire no proprietary interest in the Service or Materials and except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions may not use the Service or the Materials in any way that infringes the intellectual property rights in them.
- Subscribers and Authorized Users may not obscure or remove any copyright notices that appear on Materials printed from the Service.
- Limitation of Liability
- The total aggregate liability of Reed Business Information Limited in connection with use of the Service or Materials (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence) shall not exceed the actual direct damages, excluding any loss of profit or loss of business, incurred by the Subscriber or the amount paid by the Subscriber for the Service during the annual subscription period in which the damage occurred, whichever is the lesser. Reed Business Information Limited shall have no liability for indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- The liability of Reed Business Information Limited for interruptions to availability of the Service caused by circumstances within its control shall not exceed the amount you paid for access to the Service. The only obligation of Reed Business Information Limited with respect to interruptions caused by circumstances outside its control shall be to use all reasonable efforts to have the Service reinstated.
XpertHR contains links to external sites. Reed Business Information Limited is not responsible for and has no control over the content of such sites. Information on XpertHR, or available via hypertext link from XpertHR, is made available without responsibility on the part of Reed Business Information Limited.
- Law and Jurisdiction
Where the principle place of business of the Subscriber is in the United States of America these terms and conditions, their validity, construction and performance shall be governed by and construed in all respects under the laws of the State of New York without regard to the laws that would otherwise apply under applicable choice-of-law principles. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in New York County, New York in connection with any matters arising out of the Service or these terms and conditions.
Where the principle place of business of the Subscriber is in any jurisdiction other than the United States these terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales and any dispute relating to the Service or these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.