This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
China: Contracts of employment
- All employment contracts must be in writing, with the exception of part-time work contracts. (See General)
- A probationary period is not required but is permitted except in certain specified cases. (See Probationary periods)
- Statute provides for three types of written contract, which are: open-ended contracts; fixed-term contracts; and specific-task contracts. (See Types of contract)
- Written employment contracts must include certain specified information. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- An employment contract cannot be varied without the employee's consent. (See Variation of contract)
Access to the International Manual product requires a subscription