This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Hong Kong: Equal opportunities
Note: Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China. It has a high degree of autonomy and its own legal system, including in the area of employment law.
- Discrimination in employment prohibited on various grounds. (See General)
- Difference in treatment on the prohibited grounds is permitted in certain circumstances. (See Exceptions)
- Sexual, racial and disability harassment in employment are unlawful. (See Sexual, racial and disability harassment)
- Employees are protected against victimisation. (See Victimisation)
- The law allows positive action in certain circumstances. (See Positive action)
- Employees who believe that they have suffered discrimination can initiate legal proceedings in the district court or lodge a complaint with the statutory Equal Opportunities Commission. (See Remedies and penalties)
Access to the International Manual product requires a subscription