This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Hungary: Contracts of employment
- Employment contracts must be in writing and stipulate at least the employee's basic wage, job title and place of work. (See General)
- An employment contract may provide for a probationary period of up to three months, or up to six months where permitted by an applicable collective agreement. (See Probationary periods)
- Employment contracts are generally assumed to be open ended and for full-time work, unless a fixed term and/or part-time work is explicitly stipulated in the contract. (See Types of contract)
- An employer must generally provide an employee with a written statement of the main terms and conditions of employment, within 15 days after employment starts. (See Written statement of terms of employment)
- The employee and the employer must generally agree on any variation of the terms of the employment contract, but exceptions apply in some circumstances. (See Variation of contract)
Access to the International Manual product requires a subscription