This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Norway: Contracts of employment
- In the case of employment relationships with a duration of more than one month, a written contract must be entered into as early as possible, and in any event no later than one month after commencement of the employment. (See General)
- The employer and employee may agree in writing at the start of the employment on a probationary period of up to six months. (See Probationary periods)
- The main distinction in employment contracts is between open-ended and fixed-term contracts. (See Types of contract)
- All employment relationships must be governed by a written contract of employment that provides a statutory minimum of factors of major significance for the relationship. (See Written contract of employment)
- The terms of employment contracts can be amended only by mutual agreement between the employer and employee. (See Variation of contract)
Access to the International Manual product requires a subscription