This is a preview. Log in to read the full article. Don't have a log-in?
Russia: Health and safety
- Individuals have a constitutional right to work in safe and hygienic conditions. (See General)
- Employers have a general statutory duty to provide safety and working conditions that meet legal health and safety standards. (See Duties on employers and employees)
- A labour protection committee must be set up in all organisations at the initiative of the employer, the employees or employee representatives. (See Safety representatives)
- The federal state labour inspectorate, along with its regional bodies, is primarily responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with employment legislation, including health and safety provisions. (See Enforcement and penalties)
- Employers are obliged to insure employees against occupational injury and illness with a statutory scheme and pay contributions to the scheme in respect of all employees. (See Compensation for occupational injury or illness)
Access to the International Manual product requires a subscription