EEOC Extends Deadline for 2015 EEO-1 Reports
Author: Marta Moakley, XpertHR Legal Editor
September 23, 2015
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has announced that the EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee has extended the deadline for all EEO-1 Report filers from September 30, 2015 to October 30, 2015. Covered employers must file the EEO-1 Report with the EEOC and certify the report by the deadline.
Changes for the 2015 version of the survey include:
- Employers are now able to obtain and reset their passwords;
- Workplace locations with the same address and the same North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code must consolidate those locations into one record; and
- The EEOC will carefully monitor that an employer has provided the employer identification number (EIN) for each establishment location.
The EEOC encourages employers to complete the report using the web-based online filing system. However, an employer may file a paper report or an electronically transmitted data file (ASCII/TEXT file). All employers that filed an EEO-1 Report during the 2014 filing period should have received a notification letter with a login ID by the end of August 2015. Employers may report employment figures from any pay period in July through September of the current survey year.
Organizations that have undergone a merger or acquisition or have experienced a spin-off should contact the EEOC prior to completing the EEO-1 Report.
The EEO-1 Report must be filed by:
- All private employers with 100 or more employees (with certain exclusions for educational institutions or tax-exempt private membership clubs) that are subject to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- All private employers that are subject to Title VII that have fewer than 100 employees if the company is owned or affiliated with another company, or there is centralized ownership, control or management so that the organizations are legally considered a single enterprise, and that single enterprise employs a total of 100 or more employees; and
- Certain federal contractors.
The filing deadline for the 2015 EEO-4 Survey remains unchanged (September 30, 2015).