Prevent Sex Discrimination
- An employer should develop discrimination and harassment policies that address sex discrimination including sex stereotyping, same sex harassment, family responsibility discrimination, pregnancy discrimination and Family and Medical Leave etc.
- An employer should avoid making employment decisions on the basis of gender.
- Both males and females should be given an equal opportunity to qualify for an open position provided the candidates have the same qualifications.
- An employer should use the same criteria for promotion and retention to create fair and equal employment opportunities for both males and females.
- Equal salary and benefits should be given to both men and women who demonstrate substantially equal skill, effort and responsibility under similar working conditions.
- All employment policies should be applied in a gender-neutral manner.