David Weisenfeld October 22, 2020
In the aftermath of the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and others, many companies have responded with an increased focus on their diversity and inclusion efforts. Amid the statements from CEOs and other corporate leaders, employees from a variety… continue
Emily Scace October 21, 2020
One in three working-age Americans has a criminal record in some form, and the barriers to employment associated with that history are experienced disproportionately in Black and Latinx communities. At the Society for Human Resource Management’s Inclusion 2020 conference, taking… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 16, 2020
As open enrollment season gears up, employers are having to rethink many of their normal practices for enrolling their employees in employer-offered benefits. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Open Enrollment 2021: How to Handle This Year’s Unique Challenges, we asked… continue
More Than 6 in 10 HR Professionals Say Getting Employees to Read the Employee Handbook is Challenging, According to XpertHR Survey
Andrew Hellwege October 15, 2020
Getting employees simply to read the employee handbook is the most challenging handbook-related issue, according to 619 US employers responding to XpertHR’s 2020 Survey on Employee Handbooks. The survey covered seven major handbook-related challenges and found that 66% of participating… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 2, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected so many parts of our personal and work lives this year, and employers will face unique challenges during open enrollment for 2021 benefits. Benefits are very important to employees and usually represent a significant percentage… continue
Remote Work Set to Nearly Triple in the Post-COVID World, XpertHR’s Survey on Employer Response to COVID-19 Shows
Andrew Hellwege September 24, 2020
The average percentage of employees who will work remotely at least part of the time is projected to nearly triple from 12% before the COVID-19 pandemic to 30% after the pandemic, according to 835 US employers responding to XpertHR’s Survey… continue
David Weisenfeld September 21, 2020
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, whose death Friday night sparked an outpouring of grief across the US, left an enduring mark on the American workplace – both as a civil rights attorney arguing landmark cases and as a judge whose rulings… continue
David Weisenfeld September 15, 2020
While a new school year has started, it’s one unlike any we have ever seen before as many working parents grapple with the challenges of hybrid or 100% remote learning amid the coronavirus pandemic. Your child might be 10 feet… continue
David Weisenfeld September 2, 2020
With far too many shootings of African Americans at the hands of police this spring and summer, a harsh spotlight is being cast on racial inequality issues. And employers cannot afford to sidestep the discussion. For starters, this is no… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 26, 2020
Although financial wellness benefits have been rising in popularity for the last several years, the demand for them has grown exponentially due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and resulting recession. Such benefits can be a vital resource for employees during… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- #SHRMInclusion 2020: Microaggressions in the Workplace and What to Do About Them October 22, 2020
- #SHRMInclusion 2020: Overcoming Criminal Record Bias and Finding a New Talent Pool October 21, 2020
- Many Employers Embracing Virtual Open Enrollment Tools October 16, 2020
- More Than 6 in 10 HR Professionals Say Getting Employees to Read the Employee Handbook is Challenging, According to XpertHR Survey October 15, 2020
- Open Enrollment Best Practices to Address Unique Challenges for 2021 October 2, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance coronavirus discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence