About Andrew HellwegeI am the tool lead for the Benchmarking and Surveys product and conduct all aspects of the survey lifecycle, including questionnaire design, fielding, data analysis, and reporting. I have over nine years of survey research experience including over six years studying HR, employment, and labor issues. Prior to XpertHR I was a Survey Research Analyst at Bloomberg Industry Group where I was the principal researcher for a variety of benchmarking and tracking surveys covering topics such as employment, HR, labor relations, compensation, and paid leave. Before that, I worked in market research.
Author archive | Andrew Hellwege
HR Professionals View Recruiting and Hiring as the Most Challenging Issue for 2021, Says XpertHR Survey
Andrew Hellwege November 18, 2020
Recruiting and hiring is HR professionals’ top concern for next year, according to 563 US employers responding to XpertHR’s Survey of HR Challenges for 2021. The survey asked organizations to rate how challenging 12 major workplace issues might be in… continue
More Than 6 in 10 HR Professionals Say Getting Employees to Read the Employee Handbook is Challenging, According to XpertHR Survey
Andrew Hellwege October 15, 2020
Getting employees simply to read the employee handbook is the most challenging handbook-related issue, according to 619 US employers responding to XpertHR’s 2020 Survey on Employee Handbooks. The survey covered seven major handbook-related challenges and found that 66% of participating… continue
Remote Work Set to Nearly Triple in the Post-COVID World, XpertHR’s Survey on Employer Response to COVID-19 Shows
Andrew Hellwege September 24, 2020
The average percentage of employees who will work remotely at least part of the time is projected to nearly triple from 12% before the COVID-19 pandemic to 30% after the pandemic, according to 835 US employers responding to XpertHR’s Survey… continue
XpertHR Survey: HR Plays Large Role in HR Metric Analysis, Yet Rarely Has Analysts Dedicated to This Task
Andrew Hellwege July 29, 2020
While HR is almost always involved in analyzing HR metrics, data analyst positions focused on HR metrics are the exception rather than the rule. However, as data and analytics continue to grow in importance, investing in this type of analyst… continue
Andrew Hellwege June 24, 2020
Choosing between a traditional or PTO leave system is always an important challenge for employers, but this choice has taken on added significance due to COVID-19. When setting up paid leave benefits – whether it be a traditional or PTO… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- HR Professionals View Recruiting and Hiring as the Most Challenging Issue for 2021, Says XpertHR Survey November 18, 2020
- How the Biden Presidency Could Affect Employers November 16, 2020
- Improve Hiring by Eliminating Bias from Job Postings November 2, 2020
- Disrupting Unconscious Bias at Work October 29, 2020
- #SHRMInclusion 2020: Microaggressions in the Workplace and What to Do About Them October 22, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance coronavirus discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence