Archive | Business Leadership & Strategy RSS feed for this section
Rena Pirsos June 5, 2020
Do you have what it takes to be a payroll industry leader in today’s world of constantly changing legal and regulatory developments and rapidly emerging new technologies? At the American Payroll Association’s Congress XStream annual conference, payroll consultant Brent Gow,… continue
David Weisenfeld April 24, 2020
In these highly uncertain times of social isolation, job uncertainty and concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), employees are relying on their company leaders for support more than ever. However, it’s been no picnic for leaders either since they are… continue
Linda Pophal March 17, 2020
Not long after fears relating to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) reached a fever pitch, companies around the globe began taking action to protect employees, customers, the public and themselves. Google expanded work from home recommendations to all North American employees.… continue
Linda Pophal February 20, 2020
HR management can be a challenge in any environment and in companies of all sizes. But when the company operates in multiple geographies on a global basis, management becomes increasingly challenging. For businesses operating globally or seeking global expansion, determining… continue
Linda Pophal January 29, 2020
Digital transformation is being talked about a lot in HR (and other) circles these days. But, too often, these discussions take place in silos. HR leaders are in a good position to approach digital transformation more strategically by reaching out… continue
Beth Zoller January 27, 2020
As 2020 gets under way, employers must recognize the strategic and compliance challenges their workplaces face. With respect to strategic challenges, employers must understand how societal, cultural and technological changes create employer challenges and how to connect HR strategy to… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 13, 2020
Now that the New Year’s confetti has been cleared away and the new decade has begun, it’s time for employers to consider making resolutions to improve their workplaces. Here are 10 resolutions you should consider making for 2020: 1. Review… continue
Linda Pophal November 12, 2019
Many, if not most, organizations have methods in place to gather input from employees—suggestion boxes, hotlines, focus groups, engagement surveys, etc. But, are these organizations actually using this input strategically? Recent media reports about employee protests, walkouts and even government… continue
David Weisenfeld October 1, 2019
Many employees can point to a mentor in their workplace who played a crucial role in advancing their career and showing them the ropes. This mentor typically is a senior, or at least more experienced, employee who selflessly shared his… continue
David Weisenfeld July 23, 2019
“See you tomorrow.” It seems like the most innocuous of workplace partings you could possibly offer. And yet those words led to a major dustup last month that had some calling for a manager to be fired. After the New… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 4 Key Steps to Developing Your Payroll Leadership Skills to Meet Ever-Changing Industry Demands June 5, 2020
- Celebrating LGBT Pride Month 2020 A Bit Differently June 1, 2020
- Returning At-Risk Employees to Work: Precautions to Take May 21, 2020
- What Post-Pandemic Workplaces May Look Like May 18, 2020
- Key Benefits Considerations for Employers Amid COVID-19: Part 2 May 13, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence