Archive | Diversity & Inclusion RSS feed for this section
David Weisenfeld October 1, 2019
Many employees can point to a mentor in their workplace who played a crucial role in advancing their career and showing them the ropes. This mentor typically is a senior, or at least more experienced, employee who selflessly shared his… continue
Beth Zoller August 28, 2019
Fall is fast approaching, and employers need to be aware of a new EEO-1 reporting requirement. More specifically, by September 30, 2019, covered employers will, for the first time, need to submit EEO-1 Report Component 2 data to the Equal… continue
David Weisenfeld May 31, 2019
There is an old saying, “Diversity is being invited to the party. Inclusion is being asked to the dance.” Many employers are doing better when it comes to diversity, but are enough of their minority employees actually getting invited to… continue
Robert Teachout March 22, 2019
Are companies taking a more active role in the current political and social discussion calling for greater diversity and inclusion? Panelists during a “fireside chat” at the 2019 Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Employment Law and Legislative Conference held… continue
Beth Zoller March 5, 2019
Make no mistake, in order to get ahead of the game, an employer today must plan for an aging workforce and make a strong effort to attract and retain older workers. Recent statistics from the US Census Bureau show that… continue
Beth Zoller January 18, 2019
“You’ve come a long way baby” Although this line is from what now can is considered a very sexist and completely un-PC cigarette ad from the 1960s, the same applies to workplaces today with respect to diversity. Since the passage… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 16, 2019
Now that 2019 is underway, many of your employees may be making resolutions to improve their lives in various ways, but resolutions are something that employers (and HR professionals in particular) should also be contemplating. Below are 10 resolutions your… continue
David Weisenfeld December 4, 2018
With passions running strong on both sides, last month’s midterm election marked the highest voter turnout for a midterm since 1966. But with much attention focused on the House and Senate results, as well as—yet again–voting machine issues in Florida,… continue
Beth Zoller November 15, 2018
The 2018 midterm election was historic for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). With significant victories on the state and local level, LGBT individuals are making inroads as shown by Colorado electing Jared Polis as the nation’s… continue
Robert Teachout June 11, 2018
Despite the fact that getting a job with a living wage decreases the risk that an individual will commit another crime, society places many barriers to people with criminal records re-entering the workforce. Many state regulations have occupational licensing requirements… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Sparked by US Women’s Soccer Team, 5 Steps Employers Can Take to Promote Equal Pay October 14, 2019
- How Reverse Mentoring Can Benefit Senior Leaders October 1, 2019
- 6 Open Enrollment Tips to Get Your Employees Ready September 23, 2019
- Next Stop for Employers – 2020 September 12, 2019
- 10 Key Steps to Take Before and After a Hurricane Hits September 10, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence