Archive | Diversity & Inclusion RSS feed for this section
David Weisenfeld October 22, 2020
In the aftermath of the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and others, many companies have responded with an increased focus on their diversity and inclusion efforts. Amid the statements from CEOs and other corporate leaders, employees from a variety… continue
Emily Scace October 21, 2020
One in three working-age Americans has a criminal record in some form, and the barriers to employment associated with that history are experienced disproportionately in Black and Latinx communities. At the Society for Human Resource Management’s Inclusion 2020 conference, taking… continue
David Weisenfeld September 21, 2020
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, whose death Friday night sparked an outpouring of grief across the US, left an enduring mark on the American workplace – both as a civil rights attorney arguing landmark cases and as a judge whose rulings… continue
David Weisenfeld September 2, 2020
With far too many shootings of African Americans at the hands of police this spring and summer, a harsh spotlight is being cast on racial inequality issues. And employers cannot afford to sidestep the discussion. For starters, this is no… continue
David Weisenfeld June 9, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has put many companies in the unenviable position of scaling back their budgets. But the suffocation death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police and other horrific events with black victims illustrates why… continue
XpertHR June 1, 2020
While states have begun the process of reopening amid the coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic, many events – including the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) parades in honor of Pride Month scheduled for June – remain cancelled. In fact,… continue
Beth Zoller January 16, 2020
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal…I have a dream that my four… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 13, 2020
Now that the New Year’s confetti has been cleared away and the new decade has begun, it’s time for employers to consider making resolutions to improve their workplaces. Here are 10 resolutions you should consider making for 2020: 1. Review… continue
Beth Zoller November 8, 2019
Second chance hiring is the notion of hiring individuals with a criminal record and providing them with a second chance. As detailed below, second chance hiring can have significant benefits for employers. Recently JPMorgan Chase announced that it is “expanding… continue
Beth Zoller October 21, 2019
October is Global Diversity Awareness Month and a chance to focus on the positive impact diversity and inclusion can have on a workforce. Although US workplaces have come a long way when it comes to diversity, there is still much… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- #SHRMInclusion 2020: Microaggressions in the Workplace and What to Do About Them October 22, 2020
- #SHRMInclusion 2020: Overcoming Criminal Record Bias and Finding a New Talent Pool October 21, 2020
- Many Employers Embracing Virtual Open Enrollment Tools October 16, 2020
- More Than 6 in 10 HR Professionals Say Getting Employees to Read the Employee Handbook is Challenging, According to XpertHR Survey October 15, 2020
- Open Enrollment Best Practices to Address Unique Challenges for 2021 October 2, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance coronavirus discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence