Archive | Employee Health & Safety RSS feed for this section
Remote Work Set to Nearly Triple in the Post-COVID World, XpertHR’s Survey on Employer Response to COVID-19 Shows
Andrew Hellwege September 24, 2020
The average percentage of employees who will work remotely at least part of the time is projected to nearly triple from 12% before the COVID-19 pandemic to 30% after the pandemic, according to 835 US employers responding to XpertHR’s Survey… continue
David Weisenfeld July 23, 2020
While many businesses have reopened after being 100% remote, or shuttered altogether in the spring, employers continue to face significant COVID-19-related challenges. And they are grappling with them amid a daunting economic landscape. My recent XpertHR webinar for HR professionals… continue
David Weisenfeld May 18, 2020
With several states easing restrictions to allow for some business reopenings, there are a host of new challenges for multi-state employers. A few states, like Georgia and Texas, are moving relatively fast. Others are taking a more gradual, phased-in approach.… continue
Robert Teachout April 28, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is the most disruptive event to hit the US economy in decades. A roundup of recent surveys shows the many challenges employers are facing as they try to find answers to adapt to rapidly changing business… continue
Beth Zoller March 24, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is shaking everyone in the US and around the globe to their core as Americans worry about their health, jobs, finances and future. Social distancing is likely making everyone feel anxious, insecure and disconnected from their daily… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer March 19, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has changed our lives in ways we couldn’t even imagine only a week ago, with new mandates and developments happening by the day, hour and sometimes even minute. Employers are trying to figure out how to… continue
David Weisenfeld March 13, 2020
This is normally the time for churning out blogs about March Madness, office pools and the anticipation for the NCAA basketball tournaments. But this year, there will be no tournaments amidst the coronavirus pandemic. And, following the NBA’s announcement Wednesday… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer February 18, 2020
While employers are used to dealing with flu season every year, the new coronavirus threat has caused many employers to rethink how they deal with illnesses and whether they have appropriate plans in place for emerging health threats. Coronaviruses are… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 18, 2019
Employer wellness programs are typically designed to improve employee health and reduce health care costs. Wellness programs aimed at targeting employees’ physical health have often included activities such as tobacco-cessation programs, health screenings, exercise groups and nutritional courses designed to… continue
Beth Zoller September 10, 2019
As shown by Hurricane Dorian’s devastating effects on the Bahamas, hurricane season is unquestionably upon us. Because hurricanes may have a significant impact on workplaces in a variety of ways, it is essential to be prepared. An employer also should… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Remote Work Set to Nearly Triple in the Post-COVID World, XpertHR’s Survey on Employer Response to COVID-19 Shows September 24, 2020
- Justice Ginsburg Led the Way for Workplace Equality September 21, 2020
- How to Address Rising Back to School, Childcare Leave Requests September 15, 2020
- Racial Inequality in the Workplace: How to Break Down Barriers September 2, 2020
- Addressing Financial Wellness in the Workplace Before It’s Too Late August 26, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance coronavirus discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence