About Melissa Burdorf
I am the legal editor for the FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Jury Duty and other forms of leave content in the employee leaves and employee management sections of XpertHR US. Before joining XpertHR, I served as associate counsel for Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. In that role, I provided legal advice on all company matters, which included providing advice to HR on a multitude of employment-related issues. Prior to working in-house, I worked as an employment associate at LeClairRyan (formerly St. John & Wayne), where I handled a diverse docket of employment-related matters.
Author archive | Melissa Burdorf
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Remote Work Set to Nearly Triple in the Post-COVID World, XpertHR’s Survey on Employer Response to COVID-19 Shows September 24, 2020
- Justice Ginsburg Led the Way for Workplace Equality September 21, 2020
- How to Address Rising Back to School, Childcare Leave Requests September 15, 2020
- Racial Inequality in the Workplace: How to Break Down Barriers September 2, 2020
- Addressing Financial Wellness in the Workplace Before It’s Too Late August 26, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...