David Weisenfeld May 18, 2020
With several states easing restrictions to allow for some business reopenings, there are a host of new challenges for multi-state employers. A few states, like Georgia and Texas, are moving relatively fast. Others are taking a more gradual, phased-in approach.… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 13, 2020
Employers are facing immense obstacles because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, but employee benefits can be a vital resource during this stressful and unprecedented time. Our first blog post on benefits issues employers are facing during the pandemic addressed: Benefits… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 6, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has made employee benefits more vital than ever. Employers spend millions of dollars each year on employee benefits, with benefits often accounting for one-third of employee compensation costs. COVID-19 is presenting unique challenges for employers and… continue
Robert Teachout April 28, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is the most disruptive event to hit the US economy in decades. A roundup of recent surveys shows the many challenges employers are facing as they try to find answers to adapt to rapidly changing business… continue
David Weisenfeld April 24, 2020
In these highly uncertain times of social isolation, job uncertainty and concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), employees are relying on their company leaders for support more than ever. However, it’s been no picnic for leaders either since they are… continue
Michael Cardman April 1, 2020
Just like everyone else, employers are making all kinds of changes and adjustments in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Three of them – remote work, workplace closures and changes in pay – were the focus of a recent webinar hosted… continue
Beth Zoller March 31, 2020
On March 27, 2020, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) posted a webinar to its website referencing valuable employer advice and tips to address the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the workplace while complying with Title VII and other federal antidiscrimination laws.… continue
Beth Zoller March 24, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is shaking everyone in the US and around the globe to their core as Americans worry about their health, jobs, finances and future. Social distancing is likely making everyone feel anxious, insecure and disconnected from their daily… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer March 19, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has changed our lives in ways we couldn’t even imagine only a week ago, with new mandates and developments happening by the day, hour and sometimes even minute. Employers are trying to figure out how to… continue
Linda Pophal March 17, 2020
Not long after fears relating to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) reached a fever pitch, companies around the globe began taking action to protect employees, customers, the public and themselves. Google expanded work from home recommendations to all North American employees.… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- COVID-19 Spurs Requests for Work Accommodations June 29, 2020
- XpertHR’s 2020 Employee Benefits Survey Reveals Intriguing Paid Leave Findings and More June 24, 2020
- Supreme Court Hands Major Victories to LGBT Employees, Undocumented Workers June 19, 2020
- DOL Audit Survival Tips: It’s a Matter of “When,” Not “If” June 15, 2020
- Most Employers Are Conducting Temperature Checks and Asking Employees to Help Clean the Workplace, XpertHR Survey Shows June 11, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence