Melissa Silver March 13, 2018
In a packed room at the 2018 SHRM Employment Law and Legislative Conference in Washington D.C., Eric Meyer of FisherBroyles, LLP provided practical guidance for HR Professionals so that they can handle an ADA accommodation situation at their organization. Below… continue
Marta Moakley March 12, 2018
With the human and economic costs of the opioid crisis dominating the headlines, the topic of how to deal with drug use in the workplace proved to be a popular topic at the 2018 SHRM Employment Law and Legislative Conference.… continue
David Weisenfeld March 6, 2018
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) recently celebrated its 25th anniversary, but federal action regarding paid family leave has remained very much elusive. And that inaction has led a growing number of states and cities to take action and… continue
Linda Pophal March 5, 2018
A recent MIT Technology Review article identified “Five Jobs That Are Set to Grow in 2018” and Artificial Intelligence (AI) engineer had a prominent spot on the list. “There probably isn’t a more sought-after skill set in the world of… continue
Robert Teachout March 1, 2018
When a person in a row boat uses an oar from only one side of the boat, what happens? The boat just goes in a circle and very little forward motion is achieved. A rower must use the oars on… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer February 22, 2018
Employers are increasingly using social media as a recruiting tool to reach job candidates. However, while platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn may be a good way to find potential new superstar employees, employers need to be careful to avoid age… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce February 20, 2018
This year’s flu season is setting dangerous records and people must take measures to protect themselves and their loved ones. Since the flu knows no boundaries, employers are not immune from the widespread flu outbreak affecting their employees and worksites.… continue
David Weisenfeld February 15, 2018
The fall of 2017 may forever be remembered for launching the #metoo movement as bombshell sexual harassment claims against big names arose seemingly every other day. A series of high-profile employers were quick to terminate or force big-name employees out… continue
Beth Zoller February 14, 2018
With Valentine’s Day upon us, love is in the air and very much in the workplace. In today’s society, it seems rather natural for individuals to meet at work and form close friendships as well as romantic relationships. However, when… continue
Marta Moakley February 13, 2018
2018 seems to be the year in which HR gets serious about blockchain applications in the workplace. In fact, four of the first five emails I opened today had some mention of blockchain, including a range of communications from tech… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 6 Takeaways for Employers from the Starbucks Incident April 19, 2018
- Engage Your Employees Without Letting Them Drive the Bus, Says @TimSackett April 16, 2018
- Survey Says: Employers Have Heightened Concern With Sexual Harassment in 2018 April 13, 2018
- Develop Good Habits for Retaining Top Talent April 11, 2018
- Guns in the Workplace: What Should Employers Do Now? April 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence