Beth Zoller August 1, 2019
When it comes to pregnancy, reasonable accommodations can be incredibly tricky and often leave employers with all sorts of questions. What is protected? Which legal requirements should employers be aware of with respect to pregnant employees? Can an employer restrict… continue
David Weisenfeld July 23, 2019
“See you tomorrow.” It seems like the most innocuous of workplace partings you could possibly offer. And yet those words led to a major dustup last month that had some calling for a manager to be fired. After the New… continue
Robert Teachout July 17, 2019
Over that past few years, HR leaders have paid more and more attention to the potential benefits of using artificial intelligence (AI), analytics and technology in the practice of human resources. Often, such systems are touted for their ability to… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 12, 2019
Employers continue to place a lot of value in the employee benefits they offer their workforce, according the SHRM 2019 Employee Benefits Survey. SHRM conducts the survey annually to gather information on the types of benefits employers are offering their… continue
David Weisenfeld July 1, 2019
Generation Z has been described as the most globally aware generation ever. However, since Generation Z refers to individuals born in 1994 or after, you may be wondering how much of an impact could workers this young be having so… continue
David Weisenfeld June 19, 2019
Summer typically is a time when things go a bit slower as many key team members take PTO. But in readying for time off, it’s up to HR pros to ensure that your organization is fully compliant with a host… continue
Linda Pophal June 12, 2019
HR leaders have long been exhorted to “think strategically” in order to get that coveted “seat at the table.” But strategic means different things to different people. In fact, HR leaders sometimes feel unnecessarily maligned—many, in fact, do think strategically… continue
David Weisenfeld June 10, 2019
While marijuana remains illegal under federal law, 33 states have legalized medical marijuana use and another 10, plus the District of Columbia, have legalized some form of recreational use. It’s a trend that only figures to grow in the coming… continue
Beth Zoller June 7, 2019
June is Pride Month, celebrating the lives of individuals identifying as lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender (LGBT). It also marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising and the birth of the gay rights movement. The fight for gay rights… continue
David Weisenfeld May 31, 2019
There is an old saying, “Diversity is being invited to the party. Inclusion is being asked to the dance.” Many employers are doing better when it comes to diversity, but are enough of their minority employees actually getting invited to… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Sparked by US Women’s Soccer Team, 5 Steps Employers Can Take to Promote Equal Pay October 14, 2019
- How Reverse Mentoring Can Benefit Senior Leaders October 1, 2019
- 6 Open Enrollment Tips to Get Your Employees Ready September 23, 2019
- Next Stop for Employers – 2020 September 12, 2019
- 10 Key Steps to Take Before and After a Hurricane Hits September 10, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence