Jessica Webb-Ayer November 19, 2018
While a physical wellness program is not a new concept to most employers, a growing number are taking wellness a step further and offering financial wellness benefits, such as providing access to retirement planning advice. According to a Prudential survey… continue
Beth Zoller November 15, 2018
The 2018 midterm election was historic for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). With significant victories on the state and local level, LGBT individuals are making inroads as shown by Colorado electing Jared Polis as the nation’s… continue
Beth Zoller November 5, 2018
Veterans Day is a great reminder of the positive qualities and attributes veterans can bring to an organization as valuable employees. Beyond their experience, expertise, leadership and strong work ethic, veterans also bring creativity, dedication and resilience. However, so many… continue
Marta Moakley October 30, 2018
Legislators are realizing that working toward changing workplace cultures to be more inclusive, fair and equitable takes more than a one-hour supervisor training session scheduled every two years. The District of Columbia is the latest in a growing list of… continue
David Weisenfeld October 23, 2018
Election Day is two weeks away, and the one certainty is that interest in the outcome is at an all-time high. An NPR story predicts that voter turnout could hit a 50-year record for a midterm election with few people,… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 16, 2018
How sweet do the words “unlimited vacation” sound? Wouldn’t an organization that offers such a benefit be considered a progressive employer that must have the best and brightest candidates clamoring at its doorstep? The answer is more of a maybe… continue
Marta Moakley October 9, 2018
The #MeToo movement’s rise has been marked by a host of high-profile resignations and terminations across a number of industries. While the movement has divided the country along partisan political lines at times, the reckoning at workplaces continues. Increases in… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 4, 2018
It’s open enrollment season for many employers, which means a lot of HR and benefits professionals are struggling to effectively manage the annual process. Open enrollment is a big deal for everyone in the workplace and can be a chaotic… continue
Beth Zoller October 1, 2018
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and domestic violence may often impact the workplace. In fact, high-profile employers have recently been propelled into the national spotlight on domestic violence issues. Ohio State University fired assistant football coach Zach Smith after… continue
Linda Pophal September 26, 2018
It’s no secret that there can be a significant disconnect between the CEO (and C-suite) and HR leaders in many organizations. While HR is focused on ensuring s positive and supportive culture and boosting employee engagement, CEOs are much more… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 5 Workplace Diversity Mistakes Your Organization May be Making January 18, 2019
- Top 10 Employer Resolutions for 2019 January 16, 2019
- 8 Secrets to Preparing a Successful Job Description January 10, 2019
- Minimum Wage Hikes in 20 States Headline 2019 Employment Law Changes January 3, 2019
- 7 Tips to Improve Performance Reviews December 19, 2018
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence