Jessica Webb-Ayer April 13, 2018
Sexual harassment policies and training will remain a concern to many employers in 2018, according to a recent XpertHR survey. The survey revealed that employers plan to tackle the issue in a variety of ways, including: Updating their sexual harassment… continue
Marta Moakley April 11, 2018
HR professionals already know why it is so important to retain top performers. Retention of top talent: Aids in meeting business goals; Improves production continuity; Increases institutional memory; Reduces undesirable turnover; and Limits recruitment, onboarding and training costs. But sometimes… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce April 5, 2018
In the wake of the tragic shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, and the passionate marches soon after, the topic of guns is at the forefront of many conversations. No matter what side of the gun… continue
Melissa Silver April 3, 2018
With the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) tripling its number of officers and quintupling the number of enforcement actions in 2018, employers need to be proactive and ensure that their Form I-9 practices are in compliance. Otherwise, employers can… continue
Michael Jacobson March 30, 2018
It has been happening for years, right under our collective noses. You always knew it was out there, happening to other people, but you thought it could never happen to you. You figured you’d have some advance notice; that the… continue
Beth Zoller March 29, 2018
“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” Interestingly enough, this often quoted line from the beloved ‘80s movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” can apply to the workplace today.… continue
Beth Zoller March 20, 2018
March is Women’s History Month, and it marks 55 years since the Equal Pay Act was enacted and 54 years since Title VII of the Civil Rights Act has been the law of the land. And yet women continue to… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer March 15, 2018
The signs are upon us that spring is coming. The clocks have sprung forward, the trees and flowers are starting to bloom (in some parts of the country at least), and March Madness has arrived! It’s time for the sports… continue
Melissa Silver March 13, 2018
In a packed room at the 2018 SHRM Employment Law and Legislative Conference in Washington D.C., Eric Meyer of FisherBroyles, LLP provided practical guidance for HR Professionals so that they can handle an ADA accommodation situation at their organization. Below… continue
Marta Moakley March 12, 2018
With the human and economic costs of the opioid crisis dominating the headlines, the topic of how to deal with drug use in the workplace proved to be a popular topic at the 2018 SHRM Employment Law and Legislative Conference.… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 5 Ways to Make Your Workplace More Veteran Friendly May 22, 2018
- 7 Questions to Consider Before Taking on an Unpaid Intern May 16, 2018
- Why US Employers Can’t Ignore EU’s General Data Protection Regulation May 11, 2018
- Helping Employees Disconnect from Work in the Digital Age May 8, 2018
- Pay Equity Efforts Gain Momentum May 4, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence