David Weisenfeld September 7, 2018
Many employers boast of having “zero-tolerance” policies when it comes to workplace misconduct. It’s become a catchphrase for showing that a company takes things seriously and won’t put up with any nonsense. But nonsense is precisely what a growing number… continue
Beth Zoller September 4, 2018
When we turn on the weather this time of year, there are reports of hurricanes all over the United States, devastating homes, schools, hospitals, businesses and entire cities. In fact, last year’s trio of deadly hurricanes resulted in billions of… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 29, 2018
Does your inbox always seem full of leave requests when it’s time for kids to go back to school? The start of the school year can be a very busy and stressful time of year for many parents and guardians,… continue
Marta Moakley August 20, 2018
Workplace flexibility has been a trending concept in HR for some time now. Many employers and workers are fans of the concept because it does not tackle the question of if work gets done, but when and how. (The gig… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
David Weisenfeld August 7, 2018
This past term, the Supreme Court issued key rulings for employers involving arbitration and whistleblower law, leaving little doubt where it stood on employment issues, while also dealing a significant setback to unions nationwide with its blockbuster ruling in Janus… continue
David Weisenfeld August 6, 2018
CBS Chief Les Moonves has become the latest high-profile executive accused of harassment in the #MeToo era and surely won’t be the last. Six women have accused him of sexual harassment or misconduct from the 1980s to the 2000s. But… continue
Beth Zoller August 1, 2018
You have reached out again and again, but there is radio silence on the other end. No phone call, no email, not even a text or a LinkedIn message. The other person has just vanished. You have been officially ghosted.… continue
Linda Pophal July 26, 2018
Recently there have been some emerging media reports about older workers feeling discriminated against, both during the hiring process and in some high profile layoffs/reorganizations (e.g. IBM) where older workers are being shown the door in favor of younger colleagues… continue
David Weisenfeld July 20, 2018
The “gig economy” has been called a game changer for the relationship between companies and their employees. The rise of Uber, Lyft, GrubHub and others has drawn a good deal of attention to alternative work arrangements. But a recent Bureau… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Veterans Day 2018 Provides Reminder for Employers November 5, 2018
- Changing Workplace Culture: The Role of Employee Training October 30, 2018
- As 2018 Election Approaches, Employee Voting Leave Gains Importance October 23, 2018
- Unlimited Vacation Time Presents Pros and Cons for Employers October 16, 2018
- Workplace Sexual Harassment Prevention: One Year After #MeToo October 9, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence