Beth Zoller June 7, 2019
June is Pride Month, celebrating the lives of individuals identifying as lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender (LGBT). It also marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising and the birth of the gay rights movement. The fight for gay rights… continue
David Weisenfeld May 31, 2019
There is an old saying, “Diversity is being invited to the party. Inclusion is being asked to the dance.” Many employers are doing better when it comes to diversity, but are enough of their minority employees actually getting invited to… continue
Beth Zoller May 14, 2019
With summer almost here, the days growing longer and thoughts of time at the pool, beach or barbecue with family and friends not too far off, it’s time to make sure you know how to manage and address the summer… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 10, 2019
Although it’s not something HR relishes, sometimes an organization needs to cut personnel numbers. When faced with this daunting task, many employers use exit incentives. At the Ogletree Deakins 2019 Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Symposium, employment attorneys Stephanie Smithey… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 3, 2019
Do you as an employer live in fear of the dreaded agency audit? If so, there are ways to alleviate your anxiety, according to employment benefits attorneys Timothy Verrall and Catherine Reese at the Ogletree Deakins 2019 Employee Benefits and… continue
Linda Pophal April 29, 2019
There’s much talk in HR circles these days about the importance of culture fit. Companies not only want to hire employees with the skills to do the job, they also want employees whose personalities and passions align with the organization.… continue
David Weisenfeld April 25, 2019
The Department of Labor (DOL) made big news last month by proposing new regulations to raise the minimum annual salary for overtime-exempt employees from its current level of $23,660 to $35,308. Almost everyone agrees that the $23,660 figure is embarrassingly… continue
Beth Zoller April 17, 2019
Navigating employee disability issues and providing reasonable accommodations is often incredibly challenging for employers who must comply with the ADA, FMLA and various state and local laws. Employers need to thoroughly understand their legal obligations and implement a process for… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer April 10, 2019
Have you been hearing a lot about paid family leave (PFL) lately? For those in the HR world, you may feel like the subject is hitting you from all sides with talk of legislation at the federal level and several… continue
Marta Moakley April 2, 2019
As sexual harassment in the workplace continues to be a focus for businesses, workers and enforcement agencies, evolving requirements and workplace demands have caused employers to focus on prevention strategies. What is the chief takeaway for employers with respect to… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 2019 Mass Shootings Shed Spotlight on Active Shooter Situations August 14, 2019
- Top 10 HR Pain Points for Health Care Employers August 9, 2019
- What Employers Need to Know Now About Pregnancy Accommodations August 1, 2019
- Mets Behaving Badly: What to Do When Employees Don’t Apologize July 23, 2019
- Can AI, Analytics and Tech Make Future HR More Human? July 17, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence