David Weisenfeld October 3, 2013
Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons Imagine returning from a business retreat with nearly 100 employees at 3 a.m., then getting pulled off the airport bus in front of your employees and fired. Sound a bit far-fetched? That’s precisely what happened… continue
Ashley Shaw October 2, 2013
The US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently updated its Hazard Communication (HazCom) Standard. When fully implemented, the new HazCom Standard will more closely resemble the Globally Harmonized Standard (GHS), which is currently used in most other parts of… continue
Beth Zoller September 30, 2013
US retailers experience higher rates of violence, such as robberies and assaults, than workplaces in other industries for a variety of reasons. For example, a good deal of cash is often exchanged in retail workplaces. What’s more, retail establishments are… continue
Marta Moakley September 24, 2013
Employers, whether in the US or elsewhere, should strive to retain top performers. Doing so: Improves production continuity; Increases institutional memory; and Reduces costs. However, retaining top talent isn’t as easy in a competitive marketplace or in uncertain economic times.… continue
David Weisenfeld September 16, 2013
I had the good fortune to speak “virtually” to HR professionals across the US last week about key preemployment screening and testing trends as part of the XpertHR webinar series. If you missed my presentation, the good news is it’s… continue
Beth Zoller September 12, 2013
Women now make up over 50 percent of the workforce. Many of these women are pregnant employees and new mothers. With a significant number of women working later into their pregnancies than ever before, employers face a number of issues… continue
Michael Jacobson August 27, 2013
Successful U.S. HR professionals are excellent multi-taskers. They know how to recruit and retain the best talent, foster employee engagement, monitor employee performance and information distribution and proactively comply with ever-changing legislation – all while positioning their companies to be… continue
Ashley Shaw August 21, 2013
When workers and employers do not take the right steps to ensure safety, there is no question that bad things can happen. Here are five crazy US workplace accidents, and some employer tips on avoiding similar fates: 1. Attack of… continue
Beth Zoller August 15, 2013
While many employers know it is a good practice to have an employee handbook in place, it is crucial to give your employee handbook an annual check up to see which policies should be reviewed, revisited and updated based on… continue
Michael Jacobson August 12, 2013
US HR professionals play a prominent and crucial role in preparing for organizational restructures like a merger or acquisition. If a restructure is like uncharted waters to an explorer, then HR and its Transition Team are the captains of the… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Is the Gig Economy More Myth Than Reality? July 20, 2018
- Could the World Cup Produce a GOAALLLL in Your Workplace? July 13, 2018
- The Caregiver Crisis: How Employers Can Help July 5, 2018
- Paid Sick Leave Compliance: 7 Tips You Need to Know Now June 29, 2018
- How Employers Can Detect Lies and Deception: #SHRM18 June 21, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence