Melissa Gonzalez Boyce November 5, 2013
Now, more than ever, US non-union employers cannot afford to ignore the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), simply because they do not have a unionized workforce. The fact is that the NLRA provides union and non-union employees alike the right… continue
Melissa Burdorf October 24, 2013
courtesy of wikimedia commons The US Department of Labor (DOL) has stepped up its Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) enforcement efforts as reflected in several settlements of FMLA lawsuits. While the monetary amounts of these settlements may not… continue
David Weisenfeld October 22, 2013
With social media developments changing faster than the weather, what’s a diligent employer to do? Those that fail to take adequate precautions could find their company a mere mouse click away from litigation. If you’re a bit flummoxed by any… continue
Marta Moakley October 21, 2013
Workplace flexibility has been a trending US topic this year, including at the government level (municipalities adopting workplace flexibility ordinances), at the employer level (businesses undertaking initiatives to raise awareness regarding workplace flexibility options) and at the employee level (stressed… continue
Michael Jacobson October 15, 2013
The US pharmaceutical industry is a profit-generating powerhouse. And while those big dollars continue to roll in, the population continues to age and technology continues to improve, paving the way for new drugs, new medical devices and (you guessed it)… continue
David Weisenfeld October 8, 2013
Despite the federal government’s shutdown, the US Supreme Court has started its new term and there’s a lot to look at from an employment law standpoint. So without further ado, we preview the top cases on the Supreme Court’s… continue
David Weisenfeld October 3, 2013
Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons Imagine returning from a business retreat with nearly 100 employees at 3 a.m., then getting pulled off the airport bus in front of your employees and fired. Sound a bit far-fetched? That’s precisely what happened… continue
Ashley Shaw October 2, 2013
The US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently updated its Hazard Communication (HazCom) Standard. When fully implemented, the new HazCom Standard will more closely resemble the Globally Harmonized Standard (GHS), which is currently used in most other parts of… continue
Beth Zoller September 30, 2013
US retailers experience higher rates of violence, such as robberies and assaults, than workplaces in other industries for a variety of reasons. For example, a good deal of cash is often exchanged in retail workplaces. What’s more, retail establishments are… continue
Marta Moakley September 24, 2013
Employers, whether in the US or elsewhere, should strive to retain top performers. Doing so: Improves production continuity; Increases institutional memory; and Reduces costs. However, retaining top talent isn’t as easy in a competitive marketplace or in uncertain economic times.… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Scheduling Laws: Predictable, Secure, Flexible or Simply Confusing? August 20, 2018
- Vacation Mode: How to Engage Employees with Summer Perks August 14, 2018
- Pro-Employer Supreme Court Term Featured Arbitration, Union Fees and Whistleblowers August 7, 2018
- Scandals Continue Casting Spotlight on Sexual Harassment August 6, 2018
- Ghosting in the Hiring Process: What It Is and How to Stop It August 1, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence