Michael Jacobson November 20, 2012
Why is it so important that HR take electronically stored information (ESI) seriously? Elementary, my dear HR professional.… continue
Ashley Shaw November 19, 2012
Holiday shopping: it can be stressful, expensive, and downright awful. The lines are longer, patience is thinner, and wallets are lighter. What is supposed to be the time of year for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or [Fill in Your Holiday/Vacation Away… continue
David Weisenfeld November 9, 2012
President Obama’s historic re-election brings with it a host of HR implications. Chief among them, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will remain intact for the foreseeable future. The Supreme Court upheld the bulk of the ACA in June, including the… continue
Marta Moakley October 19, 2012
It’s that time of year again. The leaves are changing. There’s a chill in the air. And Americans are asking the age-old question, trick or treat? Personally, I’ve never quite understood the choice: I’ll take the treat any day. Well,… continue
Ashley Shaw October 15, 2012
Even Lady GaGa has weighed in on it, so you know it must be an important issue. And it is hard to not see the YouTube videos of kids with their index cards, even when you don’t follow YouTube trends.… continue
David Weisenfeld October 11, 2012
Author: David B. Weisenfeld, XpertHR Legal Editor A clearly divided Supreme Court took a skeptical view yesterday of the University of Texas’ use of race as a factor in admissions. While the case arises in the educational realm, the implications… continue
Michael Jacobson October 11, 2012
Much like the titular character(s) in Oscar Wilde’s 19th century masterpiece, HR professionals, supervisors and managers play multiple roles in their daily pursuits. In any one day they can be the arbiter, the confidant, the problem-solver, the investigator, the performance… continue
Tracy Morley October 10, 2012
It’s hard to believe, but day two was even better than day one here at the HR Technology Conference. After having a nice continental breakfast, I headed off to ‘Bringing HR Into The Cloud -Naomi’s Master Panel’, where leading expert… continue
Tracy Morley October 10, 2012
If you asked me 25 years ago (when I was a newbie in HR) if I would be attending an HR Technology Conference my immediate response would have been an emphatic NO! After all, HR is HR, not IT right?… continue
David Weisenfeld June 24, 2012
Author: David B. Weisenfeld, XpertHR Legal Editor Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice kicked off the 2012 Society for Human Resource Management’s Annual Conference with a talk before an overflow crowd at Atlanta’s World Congress Center Sunday afternoon. Rice… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 6 Takeaways for Employers from the Starbucks Incident April 19, 2018
- Engage Your Employees Without Letting Them Drive the Bus, Says @TimSackett April 16, 2018
- Survey Says: Employers Have Heightened Concern With Sexual Harassment in 2018 April 13, 2018
- Develop Good Habits for Retaining Top Talent April 11, 2018
- Guns in the Workplace: What Should Employers Do Now? April 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence