Michael Jacobson May 14, 2013
Faster than aspeeding stenographer. More powerful than aromas from the cafeteria microwave. Ableto solve employee problems in a single day. Look over inthat cubicle! It’s a salesman! It’s an administrator! It’s…an HR professional? Believe it ornot, in HR, we all… continue
Ashley Shaw April 25, 2013
As I am sure you are all aware, April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month! While keeping distractions from behind the wheel should be a year-long pursuit, this month has been set aside to help us really realize why distracted… continue
David Weisenfeld April 18, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players, throwing basketballs at them and hurling repeated homophobic epithets is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from… continue
Marta Moakley April 17, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from a US… continue
Beth Zoller April 15, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from an employment… continue
Michael Jacobson April 10, 2013
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” – Benjamin Franklin. In HR, we often operate in the past, the present and the future. We operate in the past by preserving and safeguarding company information pertaining to events… continue
Marta Moakley April 10, 2013
“How much do you weigh?” This question might sound impolite. But employees in the US take note: the social awkwardness of group weigh-ins may be coming to a warehouse near you. CVS Caremark is asking employees their weight… continue
Michael Cardman April 1, 2013
Over the years, wage and hour experts have written about the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) classification of just about every type of employee under the sun: chefs, IT workers, exotic dancers, and even those most beloved and admired of… continue
Beth Zoller March 27, 2013
Are the hot dogs all beef? Does the rice and beans have ham in it? Is there pork in that egg roll? These are some questions I often find myself asking before taking a bite. My husband makes fun of… continue
David Weisenfeld March 26, 2013
We’re excited to announce a new strategic alliance between XpertHR and Dovetail Software, which could help make your day-to-day HR work a whole lot easier! So what do we have to offer? Well, remember the Domino’s ad promising delivery in… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- March Madness 2019: Why Employers Should Embrace It…To a Point March 18, 2019
- Aiming for Gender Equity One Employer at a Time March 15, 2019
- Creative Ways to Attract and Retain Older Workers March 5, 2019
- Investigations 101: 5 Things You Really Need to Know March 4, 2019
- How Employers Can Prepare for Cold and Flu Season February 19, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence