Melissa Burdorf December 19, 2012
As a born and raised jersey girl when I first saw the devastation of Hurricane Sandy I could barely breathe. I immediately felt a need to get in my car and take that parkway south drive to the jersey shore… continue
Ashley Shaw December 17, 2012
Ah, the holiday season: ’tis the most wonderful season, for some: for others, though, not so much. Yes, this article is about depression. And if you have read any of my other blogs (if you haven’t, please feel free… continue
David Weisenfeld December 13, 2012
As the home to the United Automobile Workers (UAW) union, Michigan has long been viewed as the cradle of organized labor in the US. So the news that Michigan has passed a law significantly limiting the rights of unions in… continue
Marta Moakley December 12, 2012
Immigration reform efforts continue to make news in the US, but implementation challenges regarding a recent administrative order could turn dreams of an inclusive workplace into nightmares for both employees and employers. The State of US Immigration Reform in 2012… continue
Michael Jacobson December 3, 2012
In Part One of this series, we discussed electronically stored information (ESI), the changing technological landscape, new discovery rules encompassing all ESI and what that means for HR in general terms. In Part Two of this series, we reviewed two… continue
Michael Jacobson November 26, 2012
In Part One of this series, we discussed electronically stored information (ESI), the changing technological landscape, new discovery rules encompassing all ESI and what that means for HR in general terms. In this segment, we’ll review two cases where ESI… continue
Michael Jacobson November 20, 2012
Why is it so important that HR take electronically stored information (ESI) seriously? Elementary, my dear HR professional.… continue
Ashley Shaw November 19, 2012
Holiday shopping: it can be stressful, expensive, and downright awful. The lines are longer, patience is thinner, and wallets are lighter. What is supposed to be the time of year for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or [Fill in Your Holiday/Vacation Away… continue
David Weisenfeld November 9, 2012
President Obama’s historic re-election brings with it a host of HR implications. Chief among them, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will remain intact for the foreseeable future. The Supreme Court upheld the bulk of the ACA in June, including the… continue
Marta Moakley October 19, 2012
It’s that time of year again. The leaves are changing. There’s a chill in the air. And Americans are asking the age-old question, trick or treat? Personally, I’ve never quite understood the choice: I’ll take the treat any day. Well,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Is Your Employee Wellness Program Truly Effective? November 18, 2019
- It’s T-Minus Seven Weeks Until the New Overtime Rule: Are You Ready? November 13, 2019
- Are You Listening, Really Listening, to Your Employees? November 12, 2019
- Second Chance Hiring: 9 Considerations for Employers November 8, 2019
- Flunking Investigations 101 – Houston Astros Show What NOT to Do November 1, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence