Ashley Shaw October 15, 2012
Even Lady GaGa has weighed in on it, so you know it must be an important issue. And it is hard to not see the YouTube videos of kids with their index cards, even when you don’t follow YouTube trends.… continue
David Weisenfeld October 11, 2012
Author: David B. Weisenfeld, XpertHR Legal Editor A clearly divided Supreme Court took a skeptical view yesterday of the University of Texas’ use of race as a factor in admissions. While the case arises in the educational realm, the implications… continue
Michael Jacobson October 11, 2012
Much like the titular character(s) in Oscar Wilde’s 19th century masterpiece, HR professionals, supervisors and managers play multiple roles in their daily pursuits. In any one day they can be the arbiter, the confidant, the problem-solver, the investigator, the performance… continue
Tracy Morley October 10, 2012
It’s hard to believe, but day two was even better than day one here at the HR Technology Conference. After having a nice continental breakfast, I headed off to ‘Bringing HR Into The Cloud -Naomi’s Master Panel’, where leading expert… continue
Tracy Morley October 10, 2012
If you asked me 25 years ago (when I was a newbie in HR) if I would be attending an HR Technology Conference my immediate response would have been an emphatic NO! After all, HR is HR, not IT right?… continue
David Weisenfeld June 24, 2012
Author: David B. Weisenfeld, XpertHR Legal Editor Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice kicked off the 2012 Society for Human Resource Management’s Annual Conference with a talk before an overflow crowd at Atlanta’s World Congress Center Sunday afternoon. Rice… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Next Stop for Employers – 2020 September 12, 2019
- 10 Key Steps to Take Before and After a Hurricane Hits September 10, 2019
- 6 Things Employers Should Know About the EEO-1 Report Component 2 August 28, 2019
- Why Trendy Employee Benefit Options May Have Unintended Negative Consequences August 23, 2019
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence