Marta Moakley June 13, 2013
HR’s Kind of Town, Chicago Is. In just a couple of days, thousands of HR professionals will descend upon the Windy City to attend SHRM 2013. Keynote Speakers This year’s keynote speakers include a rather impressive group: former Secretary of… continue
Michael Cardman June 7, 2013
Not feeling appreciated or valued is among the factors that correlate most strongly with employee turnover. Employers can show they appreciate employees with tangible awards like bonuses, raises or prizes. But a pat on the back can be quite effective,… continue
David Weisenfeld June 7, 2013
Many employers are encouraging employees to bring their own personal mobile devices to work these days. In fact, a recent survey showed that as many as 80 percent of smartphones used for work are employee-owned. But with phones being only… continue
David Weisenfeld June 4, 2013
“What’s great about XpertHR is it’s not in your typical legalese!” That’s LivingHR CEO Keri Higgins-Bigelow speaking of her Florida-based company’s newest strategic partner, XpertHR. “We’ve been looking high and low for a resource like this in the compliance space.… continue
Ashley Shaw May 31, 2013
I decided to write on this topic in a very roundabout way: having seen a preview for a 20/20 episode on workplace theft that I thought might be interesting, I promptly forgot all about it until after it aired. A… continue
Beth Zoller May 24, 2013
With warm summer days around the corner and employees breaking out the short sleeve shirts and, in some cases, tank tops, sandals and flip flops and inevitably showing more skin, employers may need to start thinking about implementing a summer… continue
Melissa Burdorf May 16, 2013
What’s the best approach to take on parental leave benefits when it comes to recruiting and retaining existing, new or expectant parents? Is it all about paid leave? Or should the focus be on work-life balance? Or maybe a little… continue
Michael Jacobson May 14, 2013
Faster than aspeeding stenographer. More powerful than aromas from the cafeteria microwave. Ableto solve employee problems in a single day. Look over inthat cubicle! It’s a salesman! It’s an administrator! It’s…an HR professional? Believe it ornot, in HR, we all… continue
Ashley Shaw April 25, 2013
As I am sure you are all aware, April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month! While keeping distractions from behind the wheel should be a year-long pursuit, this month has been set aside to help us really realize why distracted… continue
David Weisenfeld April 18, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players, throwing basketballs at them and hurling repeated homophobic epithets is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Remote Work: Temporary Fix or the New Normal? August 3, 2020
- XpertHR Survey: HR Plays Large Role in HR Metric Analysis, Yet Rarely Has Analysts Dedicated to This Task July 29, 2020
- Top Coronavirus Post-Reopening Challenges Facing Employers July 23, 2020
- Having a Very COVID-Summer Vacation: Avoiding the 2020 PTO Glut July 16, 2020
- Top 5 Telecommuting Myths Debunked for Reluctant Payroll Managers July 13, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance coronavirus discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence