About Robert Teachout
I cover a range of employment law and human resources topics at the federal, state and municipal levels, focusing on the intersection of compliance with HR strategy and practice. Before joining XpertHR, I was the senior HR editor at Thompson Information Services for several digital and print employment law publications. Prior to that, I was the primary editor of Bloomberg BNA's State Labor Laws binders, and wrote the State Wage Assignment and Garnishment Handbook. I also have written articles for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and been quoted by HR Bartender.Some of my favorite topics are:
Wage and Hour Law
Author archive | Robert Teachout
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Amazon Shows Downside of Employee Speech Crackdowns February 26, 2020
- Leapin’ Lizards! What Payroll Needs to Know About Leap Year February 21, 2020
- In Global HR Operations Which Structure is Best: Centralized or Decentralized? February 20, 2020
- 7 Ways Employers Can Plan for the Coronavirus and Other Health Threats February 18, 2020
- 10 Ways to Loveproof Your Workplace February 10, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...