Tag Archives | diversity and inclusion
HR Professionals View Recruiting and Hiring as the Most Challenging Issue for 2021, Says XpertHR Survey
Andrew Hellwege November 18, 2020
Recruiting and hiring is HR professionals’ top concern for next year, according to 563 US employers responding to XpertHR’s Survey of HR Challenges for 2021. The survey asked organizations to rate how challenging 12 major workplace issues might be in… continue
David Weisenfeld November 16, 2020
The election of Joe Biden as the nation’s 46th president is certain to have an impact on employers, most notably in terms of agency enforcement. But the changes appear likely to be tempered by the likelihood of continued divided government.… continue
Emily Scace November 2, 2020
Done well, job postings influence better hiring outcomes. But job postings can also introduce bias into the hiring process, limiting the diversity of the hiring pool and exposing employers to potential litigation. By taking simple steps to critically analyze their… continue
David Weisenfeld October 22, 2020
In the aftermath of the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and others, many companies have responded with an increased focus on their diversity and inclusion efforts. Amid the statements from CEOs and other corporate leaders, employees from a variety… continue
XpertHR June 1, 2020
While states have begun the process of reopening amid the coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic, many events – including the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) parades in honor of Pride Month scheduled for June – remain cancelled. In fact,… continue
Beth Zoller January 27, 2020
As 2020 gets under way, employers must recognize the strategic and compliance challenges their workplaces face. With respect to strategic challenges, employers must understand how societal, cultural and technological changes create employer challenges and how to connect HR strategy to… continue
Beth Zoller January 16, 2020
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal…I have a dream that my four… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 13, 2020
Now that the New Year’s confetti has been cleared away and the new decade has begun, it’s time for employers to consider making resolutions to improve their workplaces. Here are 10 resolutions you should consider making for 2020: 1. Review… continue
Beth Zoller December 5, 2019
Having a workplace holiday party and celebrating the holidays with colleagues can be a great way to encourage team camaraderie, thank employees for their hard work and create a more festive atmosphere. However, if an employer is not cautious, it… continue
Beth Zoller October 21, 2019
October is Global Diversity Awareness Month and a chance to focus on the positive impact diversity and inclusion can have on a workforce. Although US workplaces have come a long way when it comes to diversity, there is still much… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- HR Professionals View Recruiting and Hiring as the Most Challenging Issue for 2021, Says XpertHR Survey November 18, 2020
- How the Biden Presidency Could Affect Employers November 16, 2020
- Improve Hiring by Eliminating Bias from Job Postings November 2, 2020
- Disrupting Unconscious Bias at Work October 29, 2020
- #SHRMInclusion 2020: Microaggressions in the Workplace and What to Do About Them October 22, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance coronavirus discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence