Tag Archives | employee benefits
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 16, 2020
As open enrollment season gears up, employers are having to rethink many of their normal practices for enrolling their employees in employer-offered benefits. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Open Enrollment 2021: How to Handle This Year’s Unique Challenges, we asked… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 2, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected so many parts of our personal and work lives this year, and employers will face unique challenges during open enrollment for 2021 benefits. Benefits are very important to employees and usually represent a significant percentage… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 26, 2020
Although financial wellness benefits have been rising in popularity for the last several years, the demand for them has grown exponentially due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and resulting recession. Such benefits can be a vital resource for employees during… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 13, 2020
Employers are facing immense obstacles because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, but employee benefits can be a vital resource during this stressful and unprecedented time. Our first blog post on benefits issues employers are facing during the pandemic addressed: Benefits… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 6, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has made employee benefits more vital than ever. Employers spend millions of dollars each year on employee benefits, with benefits often accounting for one-third of employee compensation costs. COVID-19 is presenting unique challenges for employers and… continue
Rena Pirsos February 21, 2020
The modern 12-month, 365-day calendar was invented (or standardized) in 1582, by Pope Gregory XIII, which makes sense when you think about it. Back then, there was nothing resembling a “payroll” of any kind. Who really cared if every four… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 23, 2019
It’s that time of year again! As summer fades and fall begins to emerge, many HR and benefits professionals have one thing on their minds: open enrollment season. It can be a confusing and hectic time for both employers and… continue
Linda Pophal August 23, 2019
In their effort to engage and retain employees, especially those from Generations Y and Z, employers are looking for innovative ways to secure a reputation as an employer of choice. In the process, though, they may be inadvertently turning some… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 12, 2019
Employers continue to place a lot of value in the employee benefits they offer their workforce, according the SHRM 2019 Employee Benefits Survey. SHRM conducts the survey annually to gather information on the types of benefits employers are offering their… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 10, 2019
Although it’s not something HR relishes, sometimes an organization needs to cut personnel numbers. When faced with this daunting task, many employers use exit incentives. At the Ogletree Deakins 2019 Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Symposium, employment attorneys Stephanie Smithey… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Many Employers Embracing Virtual Open Enrollment Tools October 16, 2020
- More Than 6 in 10 HR Professionals Say Getting Employees to Read the Employee Handbook is Challenging, According to XpertHR Survey October 15, 2020
- Open Enrollment Best Practices to Address Unique Challenges for 2021 October 2, 2020
- Remote Work Set to Nearly Triple in the Post-COVID World, XpertHR’s Survey on Employer Response to COVID-19 Shows September 24, 2020
- Justice Ginsburg Led the Way for Workplace Equality September 21, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance coronavirus discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence