Tag Archives | employee classification
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 16, 2019
Now that 2019 is underway, many of your employees may be making resolutions to improve their lives in various ways, but resolutions are something that employers (and HR professionals in particular) should also be contemplating. Below are 10 resolutions your… continue
Minimum Salaries for White-Collar Employees: Will States Pick Up Where US Labor Department Left Off?
Michael Cardman February 7, 2018
After the Department of Labor’s rule raising the minimum annual salary for most overtime-exempt employees from $23,660 to $47,476 was invalidated by a federal court last year, it appears some states may step in to finish the job started by… continue
Michael Cardman November 29, 2017
As if the holiday season weren’t stressful enough with all the shopping and cooking to be done, HR professionals also must deal with a variety of wage and hour challenges. Be sure to check these five considerations off your list… continue
Michael Jacobson November 23, 2016
How ironic is it that the campaign slogan which helped propel Bill Clinton to the presidency in 1992 is now being cited as the reason his wife, Hillary Clinton, lost the election 24 years later? As they say, history often… continue
Michael Jacobson October 11, 2016
A series of sexual harassment complaints against McDonald’s in the past month has laid the groundwork for a potential new joint employer battle for the purveyor of patties. Fifteen unique charges have been filed with the EEOC in the last… continue
Michael Jacobson June 29, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve By now you’ve undoubtedly heard about monumental changes to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) taking effect in December 2016, but… continue
Michael Jacobson June 15, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve. The job market is stuck in a rut and it’s not because of people clamoring for jobs. In fact, it’s the… continue
Michael Jacobson June 1, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve. Is Uber’s recognition of the Independent Driver’s Guild (IDG) in New York a step in the right direction or an evil… continue
Michael Jacobson May 18, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve If you’re in HR, it won’t surprise you that industry observers have called for a transformation of HR as we know it or… continue
Michael Jacobson May 4, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve With the public release of the new Department of Labor rule regarding employee classification and overtime around the corner, there is a lot… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- New 2019 California Employment Laws Creating Compliance Challenges February 15, 2019
- Valentine’s Day in the #MeToo Era: What’s Appropriate Behavior? February 12, 2019
- 8 Key Challenges for Global Employers February 8, 2019
- Today’s Workplace: The Importance of Keeping It Real January 28, 2019
- Building Trust: Critical Currency in a Competitive Job Market January 24, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence