Tag Archives | employee communications
Robert Teachout December 22, 2017
Every New Year’s Day, people around the world make resolutions to improve themselves in the upcoming year. Making resolutions is a good idea for employers, too! One area of improvement that always benefits an organization is employee engagement, since year… continue
David Weisenfeld December 5, 2017
Since Generation Z refers to individuals born in 1994 or after, it may seem like it’s still too soon for this young group to be making much of an impact on the workforce. But that’s far from the case. In… continue
Linda Pophal September 25, 2017
Recent controversies ranging around everything from Confederate statues to transgender restrooms and health insurance coverage for birth control all have the potential to suddenly create chaos for an organization—internally and externally. Even when brands decide to “stay out of” a… continue
Michael Jacobson November 11, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve For employees, the fight for wages is personal. Yesterday, thousands of fast food workers went on strike around the country, primarily seeking $15 minimum… continue
Marta Moakley April 25, 2014
Every state and the District of Columbia require that employers post certain information regarding employee rights in a conspicuous manner, and in a place accessible to and frequented by employees (and, in some cases, applicants or the public). These requirements… continue
Michael Jacobson May 14, 2013
Faster than aspeeding stenographer. More powerful than aromas from the cafeteria microwave. Ableto solve employee problems in a single day. Look over inthat cubicle! It’s a salesman! It’s an administrator! It’s…an HR professional? Believe it ornot, in HR, we all… continue
Marta Moakley April 17, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from a US… continue
Michael Jacobson February 28, 2013
In Part One of this series, the HR Fly listened in on the beginning of a workers’ compensation preliminary hearing, as the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) started the hearing, set the parameters and questioned the employment attorney as to the employer’s self-insurance… continue
Michael Jacobson February 27, 2013
In Part One of this series, theHR Fly listened in on the beginning of a workers’ compensation preliminaryhearing, as the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) started the hearing, set theparameters and questioned the employment attorney as to the employer’sself-insurance against workers’… continue
Michael Jacobson February 26, 2013
As an HR professional, you knowhow important it is to have an open dialogue with employees, supervisors and attorneysin your legal department.What you don’tknow, however, is what types of conversations your employees have when you’re not present. In this series,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 6 Takeaways for Employers from the Starbucks Incident April 19, 2018
- Engage Your Employees Without Letting Them Drive the Bus, Says @TimSackett April 16, 2018
- Survey Says: Employers Have Heightened Concern With Sexual Harassment in 2018 April 13, 2018
- Develop Good Habits for Retaining Top Talent April 11, 2018
- Guns in the Workplace: What Should Employers Do Now? April 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence