Tag Archives | employee communications
David Weisenfeld October 1, 2019
Many employees can point to a mentor in their workplace who played a crucial role in advancing their career and showing them the ropes. This mentor typically is a senior, or at least more experienced, employee who selflessly shared his… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 23, 2019
It’s that time of year again! As summer fades and fall begins to emerge, many HR and benefits professionals have one thing on their minds: open enrollment season. It can be a confusing and hectic time for both employers and… continue
David Weisenfeld July 1, 2019
Generation Z has been described as the most globally aware generation ever. However, since Generation Z refers to individuals born in 1994 or after, you may be wondering how much of an impact could workers this young be having so… continue
Robert Teachout December 22, 2017
Every New Year’s Day, people around the world make resolutions to improve themselves in the upcoming year. Making resolutions is a good idea for employers, too! One area of improvement that always benefits an organization is employee engagement, since year… continue
David Weisenfeld December 5, 2017
Since Generation Z refers to individuals born in 1994 or after, it may seem like it’s still too soon for this young group to be making much of an impact on the workforce. But that’s far from the case. In… continue
Linda Pophal September 25, 2017
Recent controversies ranging around everything from Confederate statues to transgender restrooms and health insurance coverage for birth control all have the potential to suddenly create chaos for an organization—internally and externally. Even when brands decide to “stay out of” a… continue
Michael Jacobson November 11, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve For employees, the fight for wages is personal. Yesterday, thousands of fast food workers went on strike around the country, primarily seeking $15 minimum… continue
Marta Moakley April 25, 2014
Every state and the District of Columbia require that employers post certain information regarding employee rights in a conspicuous manner, and in a place accessible to and frequented by employees (and, in some cases, applicants or the public). These requirements… continue
Michael Jacobson May 14, 2013
Faster than aspeeding stenographer. More powerful than aromas from the cafeteria microwave. Ableto solve employee problems in a single day. Look over inthat cubicle! It’s a salesman! It’s an administrator! It’s…an HR professional? Believe it ornot, in HR, we all… continue
Marta Moakley April 17, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from a US… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Dos and Don’ts for Employers to Keep Their Holiday Parties Happy December 5, 2019
- Is Your Employee Wellness Program Truly Effective? November 18, 2019
- It’s T-Minus Seven Weeks Until the New Overtime Rule: Are You Ready? November 13, 2019
- Are You Listening, Really Listening, to Your Employees? November 12, 2019
- Second Chance Hiring: 9 Considerations for Employers November 8, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence