Tag Archives | employee handbooks
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 16, 2019
Now that 2019 is underway, many of your employees may be making resolutions to improve their lives in various ways, but resolutions are something that employers (and HR professionals in particular) should also be contemplating. Below are 10 resolutions your… continue
Beth Zoller December 7, 2017
As 2018 draws near, employers need to take a long hard look at their workforce and gear up for the challenges that lie ahead. To get a pulse on what the top HR and employment issues are in the workplace… continue
Beth Zoller November 1, 2017
The end of the year is a perfect time to assess what is working and what is not when it comes to employee handbooks. It is also a good idea to run a compliance check and make sure your employee… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce April 8, 2016
Municipalities are leading the way in expanding employee rights. So, if updating an employee handbook is not challenging enough, employers now find themselves trying to keep up with municipalities stretching their own legislating power to carve out rights and benefits… continue
Beth Zoller December 21, 2015
With 2016 fast approaching, an employer should be sure to take the time to review and update its employee handbook so that it remains legally compliant. There have been a number of significant legal changes on the federal, state and… continue
Michael Cardman December 14, 2015
With the holiday season well underway, here are six items we think should be on every HR department’s to-do list for the new year. 1. Update Your Workplace Policies and Employee Handbooks There have been a lot of developments at… continue
Beth Zoller November 4, 2015
An employee handbook can be a critical tool not only in setting forth the company’s values and culture, but in helping an employer stay out of court. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Littler Mendelson employment attorneys Christopher Cobey and Marissa… continue
Michael Jacobson September 30, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve Mega-contractor Haliburton will pay dearly for FLSA missteps, to the tune of over $18.3 million. In what the DOL said was one of the “largest… continue
Beth Zoller May 19, 2015
California employers face a host of unique employment law issues at both the state and local levels that must be taken into account when developing, implementing and enforcing employee handbooks. Littler Mendelson employment attorneys Chris Cobey and Ben Emmert, of… continue
Beth Zoller March 30, 2015
On March 18, the National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) General Counsel released a report prompted by recent cases involving challenges to employee handbook policies. The report notes that even well-intentioned rules that prohibit employees from engaging in protected conduct, or… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- 2019 Mass Shootings Shed Spotlight on Active Shooter Situations August 14, 2019
- Top 10 HR Pain Points for Health Care Employers August 9, 2019
- What Employers Need to Know Now About Pregnancy Accommodations August 1, 2019
- Mets Behaving Badly: What to Do When Employees Don’t Apologize July 23, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence