Tag Archives | employee handbooks
Beth Zoller December 7, 2017
As 2018 draws near, employers need to take a long hard look at their workforce and gear up for the challenges that lie ahead. To get a pulse on what the top HR and employment issues are in the workplace… continue
Beth Zoller November 1, 2017
The end of the year is a perfect time to assess what is working and what is not when it comes to employee handbooks. It is also a good idea to run a compliance check and make sure your employee… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce April 8, 2016
Municipalities are leading the way in expanding employee rights. So, if updating an employee handbook is not challenging enough, employers now find themselves trying to keep up with municipalities stretching their own legislating power to carve out rights and benefits… continue
Beth Zoller December 21, 2015
With 2016 fast approaching, an employer should be sure to take the time to review and update its employee handbook so that it remains legally compliant. There have been a number of significant legal changes on the federal, state and… continue
Michael Cardman December 14, 2015
With the holiday season well underway, here are six items we think should be on every HR department’s to-do list for the new year. 1. Update Your Workplace Policies and Employee Handbooks There have been a lot of developments at… continue
Beth Zoller November 4, 2015
An employee handbook can be a critical tool not only in setting forth the company’s values and culture, but in helping an employer stay out of court. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Littler Mendelson employment attorneys Christopher Cobey and Marissa… continue
Michael Jacobson September 30, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve Mega-contractor Haliburton will pay dearly for FLSA missteps, to the tune of over $18.3 million. In what the DOL said was one of the “largest… continue
Beth Zoller May 19, 2015
California employers face a host of unique employment law issues at both the state and local levels that must be taken into account when developing, implementing and enforcing employee handbooks. Littler Mendelson employment attorneys Chris Cobey and Ben Emmert, of… continue
Beth Zoller March 30, 2015
On March 18, the National Labor Relations Board’s (NLRB) General Counsel released a report prompted by recent cases involving challenges to employee handbook policies. The report notes that even well-intentioned rules that prohibit employees from engaging in protected conduct, or… continue
Beth Zoller March 3, 2015
A clear and conspicuous disclaimer is an essential part of an employee handbook. Not only can it protect an employer’s legitimate business interests, but it can also help to avoid costly litigation and to save an employer’s time, money and… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 6 Takeaways for Employers from the Starbucks Incident April 19, 2018
- Engage Your Employees Without Letting Them Drive the Bus, Says @TimSackett April 16, 2018
- Survey Says: Employers Have Heightened Concern With Sexual Harassment in 2018 April 13, 2018
- Develop Good Habits for Retaining Top Talent April 11, 2018
- Guns in the Workplace: What Should Employers Do Now? April 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence