Tag Archives | employee handbooks
Beth Zoller January 27, 2020
As 2020 gets under way, employers must recognize the strategic and compliance challenges their workplaces face. With respect to strategic challenges, employers must understand how societal, cultural and technological changes create employer challenges and how to connect HR strategy to… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 13, 2020
Now that the New Year’s confetti has been cleared away and the new decade has begun, it’s time for employers to consider making resolutions to improve their workplaces. Here are 10 resolutions you should consider making for 2020: 1. Review… continue
Beth Zoller October 28, 2019
With the end of the year rapidly approaching, it is crucial for employers and HR to revisit and reassess their employee handbook and see if it needs to be updated or amended in any way for 2020. New laws and… continue
Beth Zoller September 12, 2019
With 2020 fast approaching, it comes as no surprise that employers will face new and emerging HR challenges and obstacles when it comes to complying with federal, state and local laws as well as developing, maintaining and enforcing workplace policies… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 16, 2019
Now that 2019 is underway, many of your employees may be making resolutions to improve their lives in various ways, but resolutions are something that employers (and HR professionals in particular) should also be contemplating. Below are 10 resolutions your… continue
Beth Zoller December 7, 2017
As 2018 draws near, employers need to take a long hard look at their workforce and gear up for the challenges that lie ahead. To get a pulse on what the top HR and employment issues are in the workplace… continue
Beth Zoller November 1, 2017
The end of the year is a perfect time to assess what is working and what is not when it comes to employee handbooks. It is also a good idea to run a compliance check and make sure your employee… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce April 8, 2016
Municipalities are leading the way in expanding employee rights. So, if updating an employee handbook is not challenging enough, employers now find themselves trying to keep up with municipalities stretching their own legislating power to carve out rights and benefits… continue
Beth Zoller December 21, 2015
With 2016 fast approaching, an employer should be sure to take the time to review and update its employee handbook so that it remains legally compliant. There have been a number of significant legal changes on the federal, state and… continue
Michael Cardman December 14, 2015
With the holiday season well underway, here are six items we think should be on every HR department’s to-do list for the new year. 1. Update Your Workplace Policies and Employee Handbooks There have been a lot of developments at… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- COVID-19 Spurs Requests for Work Accommodations June 29, 2020
- XpertHR’s 2020 Employee Benefits Survey Reveals Intriguing Paid Leave Findings and More June 24, 2020
- Supreme Court Hands Major Victories to LGBT Employees, Undocumented Workers June 19, 2020
- DOL Audit Survival Tips: It’s a Matter of “When,” Not “If” June 15, 2020
- Most Employers Are Conducting Temperature Checks and Asking Employees to Help Clean the Workplace, XpertHR Survey Shows June 11, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence