Tag Archives | employee retention
Linda Pophal November 12, 2019
Many, if not most, organizations have methods in place to gather input from employees—suggestion boxes, hotlines, focus groups, engagement surveys, etc. But, are these organizations actually using this input strategically? Recent media reports about employee protests, walkouts and even government… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 19, 2018
While a physical wellness program is not a new concept to most employers, a growing number are taking wellness a step further and offering financial wellness benefits, such as providing access to retirement planning advice. According to a Prudential survey… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
Marta Moakley April 11, 2018
HR professionals already know why it is so important to retain top performers. Retention of top talent: Aids in meeting business goals; Improves production continuity; Increases institutional memory; Reduces undesirable turnover; and Limits recruitment, onboarding and training costs. But sometimes… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 3, 2017
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, employers are facing many challenges when tasked with recruiting, hiring and retaining the best and the brightest employees. With the rising competition for talent, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 7, 2017
I have a confession to make: I’m a millennial. Now granted, I’m an “older” millennial that remembers playing the Oregon Trail computer game as a kid, but technically I am still a member of Generation Y. We’re also known by… continue
Michael Jacobson July 26, 2017
Beyond the obvious solutions to your retention problems (pay your employees more money!), it’s good to dig a little deeper into the underlying or not so obvious causes of attrition. This is a common concern for HR, in part due… continue
Michael Jacobson January 27, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Among the many developments or “disruptions” to the traditional workplace in 2016, the increasing presence of “people analytics” might be both the most… continue
Marta Moakley September 24, 2013
Employers, whether in the US or elsewhere, should strive to retain top performers. Doing so: Improves production continuity; Increases institutional memory; and Reduces costs. However, retaining top talent isn’t as easy in a competitive marketplace or in uncertain economic times.… continue
Michael Cardman June 7, 2013
Not feeling appreciated or valued is among the factors that correlate most strongly with employee turnover. Employers can show they appreciate employees with tangible awards like bonuses, raises or prizes. But a pat on the back can be quite effective,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- COVID-19 Spurs Requests for Work Accommodations June 29, 2020
- XpertHR’s 2020 Employee Benefits Survey Reveals Intriguing Paid Leave Findings and More June 24, 2020
- Supreme Court Hands Major Victories to LGBT Employees, Undocumented Workers June 19, 2020
- DOL Audit Survival Tips: It’s a Matter of “When,” Not “If” June 15, 2020
- Most Employers Are Conducting Temperature Checks and Asking Employees to Help Clean the Workplace, XpertHR Survey Shows June 11, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence