Tag Archives | equal pay
Beth Zoller March 15, 2019
As we celebrate Women’s History Month this March, it has been 55 years since the passage of Title VII which banned gender discrimination (along with race, religion, color and national origin discrimination) by employers. Since that time, workplaces have become… continue
Beth Zoller September 18, 2018
With the new year just a few short months away, employers will inevitably face new and emerging HR challenges and obstacles in complying with federal, state and local laws, maintaining workplace policies and managing workers. Key 2018 Issues In… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward June 18, 2018
The federal government may be scaling back on new employment laws, and reducing the scope of existing laws, but many states and municipalities have forged aggressively ahead with a complex patchwork of new employment laws. Many of these laws come… continue
Robert Teachout May 4, 2018
With the #MeToo and #Time’sUp movements bringing more focus to the issue of equal pay for women, employers are taking gender pay equity more seriously, with some reporting success. In March, Starbucks announced that it had reached 100 percent pay… continue
Michael Jacobson May 2, 2018
Let’s be fair and assume that when you did your most recent handbook update – historically that would be end of 2017 or early 2018 – you prudently accounted for the dozens of laws that would change around the country… continue
Beth Zoller April 30, 2018
Among the hottest trends an employer needs to be aware of in the US today is the push for pay equity and the multiple efforts to close the persistent wage gap between men and women. It is essential for employers… continue
Beth Zoller March 29, 2018
“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” Interestingly enough, this often quoted line from the beloved ‘80s movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” can apply to the workplace today.… continue
Beth Zoller March 20, 2018
March is Women’s History Month, and it marks 55 years since the Equal Pay Act was enacted and 54 years since Title VII of the Civil Rights Act has been the law of the land. And yet women continue to… continue
Beth Zoller October 12, 2017
As the new calendar year draws closer, employers are bound to face challenges and obstacles when it comes to complying with new federal, state and local laws, maintaining their workplaces and managing their workers. 2017 to Date HR and… continue
Beth Zoller July 24, 2017
When it comes to state and municipal employment legislation, the Empire State and the Big Apple are leading the way in seeking to level the playing field between employers and employees by ensuring workers a fair wage, added leave protections… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 2019 Mass Shootings Shed Spotlight on Active Shooter Situations August 14, 2019
- Top 10 HR Pain Points for Health Care Employers August 9, 2019
- What Employers Need to Know Now About Pregnancy Accommodations August 1, 2019
- Mets Behaving Badly: What to Do When Employees Don’t Apologize July 23, 2019
- Can AI, Analytics and Tech Make Future HR More Human? July 17, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence