Tag Archives | equal pay
Beth Zoller January 27, 2020
As 2020 gets under way, employers must recognize the strategic and compliance challenges their workplaces face. With respect to strategic challenges, employers must understand how societal, cultural and technological changes create employer challenges and how to connect HR strategy to… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 14, 2019
The US Women’s National Soccer team (USWNT) became back-to-back FIFA Women’s World Cup winners this summer with their impressive run in the 2019 tournament in France. The players generated headlines both on and off the field for their swagger, their… continue
Beth Zoller August 28, 2019
Fall is fast approaching, and employers need to be aware of a new EEO-1 reporting requirement. More specifically, by September 30, 2019, covered employers will, for the first time, need to submit EEO-1 Report Component 2 data to the Equal… continue
Beth Zoller March 15, 2019
As we celebrate Women’s History Month this March, it has been 55 years since the passage of Title VII which banned gender discrimination (along with race, religion, color and national origin discrimination) by employers. Since that time, workplaces have become… continue
Beth Zoller September 18, 2018
With the new year just a few short months away, employers will inevitably face new and emerging HR challenges and obstacles in complying with federal, state and local laws, maintaining workplace policies and managing workers. Key 2018 Issues In… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward June 18, 2018
The federal government may be scaling back on new employment laws, and reducing the scope of existing laws, but many states and municipalities have forged aggressively ahead with a complex patchwork of new employment laws. Many of these laws come… continue
Robert Teachout May 4, 2018
With the #MeToo and #Time’sUp movements bringing more focus to the issue of equal pay for women, employers are taking gender pay equity more seriously, with some reporting success. In March, Starbucks announced that it had reached 100 percent pay… continue
Michael Jacobson May 2, 2018
Let’s be fair and assume that when you did your most recent handbook update – historically that would be end of 2017 or early 2018 – you prudently accounted for the dozens of laws that would change around the country… continue
Beth Zoller April 30, 2018
Among the hottest trends an employer needs to be aware of in the US today is the push for pay equity and the multiple efforts to close the persistent wage gap between men and women. It is essential for employers… continue
Beth Zoller March 29, 2018
“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” Interestingly enough, this often quoted line from the beloved ‘80s movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” can apply to the workplace today.… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Addressing Employee Mental Health During the Coronavirus Pandemic March 24, 2020
- HIPAA and the Coronavirus: 7 Big Questions Employers Are Asking March 19, 2020
- Coronavirus: Challenges of a Temporary Remote Workforce and Ensuring Business Continuity March 17, 2020
- Coronavirus and the New March Madness Rocking Employers March 13, 2020
- Amazon Shows Downside of Employee Speech Crackdowns February 26, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence