Tag Archives | gender identity
Beth Zoller June 7, 2019
June is Pride Month, celebrating the lives of individuals identifying as lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender (LGBT). It also marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising and the birth of the gay rights movement. The fight for gay rights… continue
Beth Zoller November 15, 2018
The 2018 midterm election was historic for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). With significant victories on the state and local level, LGBT individuals are making inroads as shown by Colorado electing Jared Polis as the nation’s… continue
David Weisenfeld March 10, 2017
I’m always amused when employment lawyers trip over themselves each year at this time to blog about the risks of gambling and lost productivity with the always-popular NCAA basketball tournament. It’s akin to the famed quote from Casablanca when Captain… continue
Beth Zoller August 29, 2016
The struggle for equal rights for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) has moved into the forefront more than ever before, and it’s having a dramatic impact on workplaces that are becoming increasingly diverse. Although Title VII… continue
Beth Zoller April 25, 2016
Lately, the private issue of restroom use has become a very public matter. It has been almost a year since the Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage, and since then, there has been a significant shift in LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual… continue
Beth Zoller March 17, 2016
With Democratic President Barak Obama at the helm and a Republican Congress, it remains extremely difficult for any employment law legislation to pass. Nonetheless, the EEOC has been aggressively following up on its Strategic Plan from 2012 and attempting… continue
Beth Zoller July 19, 2013
Equal treatment for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community seemed like a pipe dream in 1996 when the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was passed defining marriage as being between one man and one woman. But things came… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- COVID-19 Spurs Requests for Work Accommodations June 29, 2020
- XpertHR’s 2020 Employee Benefits Survey Reveals Intriguing Paid Leave Findings and More June 24, 2020
- Supreme Court Hands Major Victories to LGBT Employees, Undocumented Workers June 19, 2020
- DOL Audit Survival Tips: It’s a Matter of “When,” Not “If” June 15, 2020
- Most Employers Are Conducting Temperature Checks and Asking Employees to Help Clean the Workplace, XpertHR Survey Shows June 11, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence