Tag Archives | health and safety
Beth Zoller May 21, 2020
As workplaces reopen, restrictions ease and employees reenter the workplace, they do so in an environment in which the threat of COVID-19 still looms large. Employers must comply with a myriad of state and local health orders on social distancing,… continue
Robert Teachout April 28, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is the most disruptive event to hit the US economy in decades. A roundup of recent surveys shows the many challenges employers are facing as they try to find answers to adapt to rapidly changing business… continue
David Weisenfeld March 13, 2020
This is normally the time for churning out blogs about March Madness, office pools and the anticipation for the NCAA basketball tournaments. But this year, there will be no tournaments amidst the coronavirus pandemic. And, following the NBA’s announcement Wednesday… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer February 18, 2020
While employers are used to dealing with flu season every year, the new coronavirus threat has caused many employers to rethink how they deal with illnesses and whether they have appropriate plans in place for emerging health threats. Coronaviruses are… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 13, 2020
Now that the New Year’s confetti has been cleared away and the new decade has begun, it’s time for employers to consider making resolutions to improve their workplaces. Here are 10 resolutions you should consider making for 2020: 1. Review… continue
Beth Zoller September 10, 2019
As shown by Hurricane Dorian’s devastating effects on the Bahamas, hurricane season is unquestionably upon us. Because hurricanes may have a significant impact on workplaces in a variety of ways, it is essential to be prepared. An employer also should… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 9, 2019
Do health care professionals have certain HR pain points that are more prevalent because of their industry? Although HR departments in all industries face many of the same workforce issues and struggles, some issues may be more common or a… continue
Beth Zoller May 14, 2019
With summer almost here, the days growing longer and thoughts of time at the pool, beach or barbecue with family and friends not too far off, it’s time to make sure you know how to manage and address the summer… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 16, 2019
Now that 2019 is underway, many of your employees may be making resolutions to improve their lives in various ways, but resolutions are something that employers (and HR professionals in particular) should also be contemplating. Below are 10 resolutions your… continue
Beth Zoller September 4, 2018
When we turn on the weather this time of year, there are reports of hurricanes all over the United States, devastating homes, schools, hospitals, businesses and entire cities. In fact, last year’s trio of deadly hurricanes resulted in billions of… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- COVID-19 Spurs Requests for Work Accommodations June 29, 2020
- XpertHR’s 2020 Employee Benefits Survey Reveals Intriguing Paid Leave Findings and More June 24, 2020
- Supreme Court Hands Major Victories to LGBT Employees, Undocumented Workers June 19, 2020
- DOL Audit Survival Tips: It’s a Matter of “When,” Not “If” June 15, 2020
- Most Employers Are Conducting Temperature Checks and Asking Employees to Help Clean the Workplace, XpertHR Survey Shows June 11, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB OSHA overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence