Tag Archives | health and safety
Beth Zoller May 14, 2019
With summer almost here, the days growing longer and thoughts of time at the pool, beach or barbecue with family and friends not too far off, it’s time to make sure you know how to manage and address the summer… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 16, 2019
Now that 2019 is underway, many of your employees may be making resolutions to improve their lives in various ways, but resolutions are something that employers (and HR professionals in particular) should also be contemplating. Below are 10 resolutions your… continue
Beth Zoller September 4, 2018
When we turn on the weather this time of year, there are reports of hurricanes all over the United States, devastating homes, schools, hospitals, businesses and entire cities. In fact, last year’s trio of deadly hurricanes resulted in billions of… continue
Beth Zoller January 31, 2017
A recent worldwide study shows that workplace bullying can have a detrimental effect on not only the victim, but the entire workplace by creating a toxic work environment that negatively impacts the company’s bottom line. What’s more, supervisors and managers… continue
Michael Jacobson October 26, 2016
About six weeks ago, we covered some of Chipotle’s HR trials and tribulations, including a class action lawsuit filed by 10,000 workers claiming wage theft and the NLRB attacking provisions of the Chipotle employee handbook. Turns out, that was only… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce February 18, 2016
As recent events have made tragically clear, the number of active shooter events in the workplace seem to be becoming increasingly common. As a result, employers are struggling with how best to prepare their employees and protect the workplace in… continue
Ashley Shaw January 29, 2014
When blizzards coat huge portions of the US and snow is forecast in South Georgia and Florida of all places, you know there is an extreme weather event taking place. So what’s an employer to do? The latest Polar Vortex… continue
Ashley Shaw October 2, 2013
The US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently updated its Hazard Communication (HazCom) Standard. When fully implemented, the new HazCom Standard will more closely resemble the Globally Harmonized Standard (GHS), which is currently used in most other parts of… continue
Beth Zoller September 30, 2013
US retailers experience higher rates of violence, such as robberies and assaults, than workplaces in other industries for a variety of reasons. For example, a good deal of cash is often exchanged in retail workplaces. What’s more, retail establishments are… continue
Ashley Shaw December 17, 2012
Ah, the holiday season: ’tis the most wonderful season, for some: for others, though, not so much. Yes, this article is about depression. And if you have read any of my other blogs (if you haven’t, please feel free… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Don’t Get Burned by These Tricky Workplace Summer Issues May 14, 2019
- Is a Voluntary Exit Incentive Plan Right for Your Organization? May 10, 2019
- 5 Ways Employers Can Alleviate Anxiety Over Agency Audits May 3, 2019
- The 4 C’s of Achieving a Workplace Culture Fit April 29, 2019
- DOL’s Overtime Exemption Increase – And Why Time Is of the Essence April 25, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence