Tag Archives | hiring
Beth Zoller January 10, 2019
Developing and maintaining clear, concise and informative job descriptions is a significant part of the recruiting and hiring process. A good job description not only identifies the key components, qualifications and essential job functions, but it also provides an idea… continue
Linda Pophal July 26, 2018
Recently there have been some emerging media reports about older workers feeling discriminated against, both during the hiring process and in some high profile layoffs/reorganizations (e.g. IBM) where older workers are being shown the door in favor of younger colleagues… continue
Robert Teachout June 11, 2018
Despite the fact that getting a job with a living wage decreases the risk that an individual will commit another crime, society places many barriers to people with criminal records re-entering the workforce. Many state regulations have occupational licensing requirements… continue
Linda Pophal March 5, 2018
A recent MIT Technology Review article identified “Five Jobs That Are Set to Grow in 2018” and Artificial Intelligence (AI) engineer had a prominent spot on the list. “There probably isn’t a more sought-after skill set in the world of… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 17, 2017
Do you immediately look on social media for more information on someone you just met? If you answered yes, then you’re not alone. This is a common practice for a lot of people, and many employers are jumping on the… continue
Alicia Smith June 28, 2017
Perhaps it was the Jazz riffs greeting us as we made our way through the conference halls, or this year’s theme and call to action for HR to go “All In” regarding their commitment to the HR profession, but SHRM’s… continue
Linda Pophal February 28, 2017
Fake news is on everyone’s minds these days to say the least. Susan Meisinger recently addressed the issue of HR and fake news in her Human Resource Executive column, focusing on some commonly—and widely—held beliefs about HR practice that simply… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How Employers Can Prepare for Cold and Flu Season February 19, 2019
- New 2019 California Employment Laws Creating Compliance Challenges February 15, 2019
- Valentine’s Day in the #MeToo Era: What’s Appropriate Behavior? February 12, 2019
- 8 Key Challenges for Global Employers February 8, 2019
- Today’s Workplace: The Importance of Keeping It Real January 28, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence