Tag Archives | HR strategy
Robert Teachout November 27, 2017
Imagine this. Your company needs a person with a specific skill set and you have to make the hiring decision. The person that you hire will be critical in helping put the organization on firm footing and a path for… continue
Tracy Morley July 18, 2017
The film Jerry Maguire made the phrase ‘Show Me the Money’ famous. This phrase appealed to the business world in particular, and over 20 years later is still used by individuals who control the purse strings when they want to… continue
Marta Moakley June 12, 2017
Workplace flexibility has been taking a hit recently. After many years of advocating for flexible workplaces, some of the early champions of the practice are changing their tune. IBM has begun favoring a more collaborative, in-office approach, although the tech… continue
Tracy Morley June 5, 2017
1984…. the year, not the novel, was pretty impressive. OK, the novel was also impressive, and according to a recent New York Times article, is making a comeback. But let’s focus on some of the events that happened during 1984….… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward May 9, 2017
Just two days provided a fascinating view into the rapid pace of change in managing HR and employee activities, and the people and services striving to keep up with the dramatic transformations in the workplace. Attending #HCMWorld 2017, April 11-13,… continue
Mega HR Trends for 2017 and Beyond – Perspectives on the Future of the Workplace from #SHRM16: Businessification
Peggy Carter-Ward September 1, 2016
Second in a Series In the first blog of this series on Mega HR Trends in 2017 and Beyond – Perspectives on the Future of the Workplace from #SHRM16, mega HR trend #1 was the power of connecting. In this… continue
Linda Pophal July 22, 2016
For most of us, the business world is one of ideas, proposals and pitches. Regardless of our authority level there comes a time when we must present proposals to others. Doing this well can boost the odds of generating approval.… continue
Linda Pophal June 6, 2016
For HR teams, establishing a strategic foothold in an organization takes time. It’s the result of a comprehensive, concentrated plan that features an array of tactics and processes designed to prove the strategic value of the HR department—and it doesn’t… continue
Linda Pophal March 29, 2016
Human resources professionals often lament their ability to get a “seat at the table,” and, arguably, are not often touted for their strategic focus. There’s one key area, though, where the function can have a significant bottom-line impact on the… continue
Michael Jacobson December 23, 2015
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve As a frenzied 2015 winds to a close, we should take stock of what the year meant for the HR community. It was… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 6 Takeaways for Employers from the Starbucks Incident April 19, 2018
- Engage Your Employees Without Letting Them Drive the Bus, Says @TimSackett April 16, 2018
- Survey Says: Employers Have Heightened Concern With Sexual Harassment in 2018 April 13, 2018
- Develop Good Habits for Retaining Top Talent April 11, 2018
- Guns in the Workplace: What Should Employers Do Now? April 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence