Tag Archives | HR strategy
David Weisenfeld June 19, 2018
“Too often we’re hearing I went to HR and nothing happened,” says Equifax HR Chief Coretha Rushing at the SHRM 2018 Annual Conference in Chicago. As a prime example, Rushing pointed to a large group of women at Nike turning… continue
Robert Teachout November 27, 2017
Imagine this. Your company needs a person with a specific skill set and you have to make the hiring decision. The person that you hire will be critical in helping put the organization on firm footing and a path for… continue
Tracy Morley July 18, 2017
The film Jerry Maguire made the phrase ‘Show Me the Money’ famous. This phrase appealed to the business world in particular, and over 20 years later is still used by individuals who control the purse strings when they want to… continue
Marta Moakley June 12, 2017
Workplace flexibility has been taking a hit recently. After many years of advocating for flexible workplaces, some of the early champions of the practice are changing their tune. IBM has begun favoring a more collaborative, in-office approach, although the tech… continue
Tracy Morley June 5, 2017
1984…. the year, not the novel, was pretty impressive. OK, the novel was also impressive, and according to a recent New York Times article, is making a comeback. But let’s focus on some of the events that happened during 1984….… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward May 9, 2017
Just two days provided a fascinating view into the rapid pace of change in managing HR and employee activities, and the people and services striving to keep up with the dramatic transformations in the workplace. Attending #HCMWorld 2017, April 11-13,… continue
Mega HR Trends for 2017 and Beyond – Perspectives on the Future of the Workplace from #SHRM16: Businessification
Peggy Carter-Ward September 1, 2016
Second in a Series In the first blog of this series on Mega HR Trends in 2017 and Beyond – Perspectives on the Future of the Workplace from #SHRM16, mega HR trend #1 was the power of connecting. In this… continue
Linda Pophal July 22, 2016
For most of us, the business world is one of ideas, proposals and pitches. Regardless of our authority level there comes a time when we must present proposals to others. Doing this well can boost the odds of generating approval.… continue
Linda Pophal June 6, 2016
For HR teams, establishing a strategic foothold in an organization takes time. It’s the result of a comprehensive, concentrated plan that features an array of tactics and processes designed to prove the strategic value of the HR department—and it doesn’t… continue
Linda Pophal March 29, 2016
Human resources professionals often lament their ability to get a “seat at the table,” and, arguably, are not often touted for their strategic focus. There’s one key area, though, where the function can have a significant bottom-line impact on the… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Hairstyle and Criminal History Laws Aim to Combat Race Discrimination January 16, 2020
- 10 Workplace Resolutions Employers Should Make for 2020 January 13, 2020
- Decade in Review: Top Supreme Court Rulings Still Affecting Employers January 7, 2020
- Top 7 Compliance Changes Facing California Employers in 2020 December 24, 2019
- A Successful 2020 Performance Appraisal Process Starts Now December 12, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence