Tag Archives | immigration
Beth Zoller September 12, 2019
With 2020 fast approaching, it comes as no surprise that employers will face new and emerging HR challenges and obstacles when it comes to complying with federal, state and local laws as well as developing, maintaining and enforcing workplace policies… continue
Beth Zoller September 18, 2018
With the new year just a few short months away, employers will inevitably face new and emerging HR challenges and obstacles in complying with federal, state and local laws, maintaining workplace policies and managing workers. Key 2018 Issues In… continue
Melissa Silver April 3, 2018
With the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) tripling its number of officers and quintupling the number of enforcement actions in 2018, employers need to be proactive and ensure that their Form I-9 practices are in compliance. Otherwise, employers can… continue
David Weisenfeld October 23, 2017
While most think of October for fall foliage, Halloween and perhaps playoff baseball, in California it’s also the month when big employment law changes became official. Governor Jerry Brown kept his pen busy in signing a host of new laws… continue
Michael Jacobson June 30, 2017
A mid-way point is always a good time to take stock of how you’re doing, where you’re going and what you need to change or focus on in order to get there. In sports, for example, halftimes aren’t only for… continue
Michael Jacobson May 25, 2017
As an HR professional, you’re constantly juggling. We hear about it all the time at XpertHR, how there are so many balls in the air at once. How sometimes you just feel like letting them all fall. But rest assured,… continue
Michael Jacobson April 13, 2017
You may have noticed things are a bit… different around the office in HR these days, but it’s hard to put your finger on it, right? So let me give it a shot. I’ve had some time off myself with… continue
Michael Jacobson February 8, 2017
Every now and then a news story pops up illustrating the importance of aligning corporate, HR and PR strategies. These stories are often largely negative, painting companies in a bad light while we play Monday morning quarterback. The blood and… continue
Michael Jacobson January 25, 2017
Much of the employment-related commentary and guidance around what to expect from the Trump Administration can be summed up as follows: wait and see. I’ve been guilty of it myself with HR Intel, harping on the uncertainty that this transition… continue
Michael Jacobson December 23, 2016
The winter of 1978-79 – famously known as the Winter of Discontent – was an extremely cold one in the United Kingdom, and it wasn’t only because of the weather. Tremendous tension between the Labour Party government and public sector… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Coronavirus Poll Results: Remote Work, Workplace Closures and Changes in Pay April 1, 2020
- EEOC Provides COVID-19 Tips for Employer Compliance with Discrimination Laws March 31, 2020
- Addressing Employee Mental Health During the Coronavirus Pandemic March 24, 2020
- HIPAA and the Coronavirus: 7 Big Questions Employers Are Asking March 19, 2020
- Coronavirus: Challenges of a Temporary Remote Workforce and Ensuring Business Continuity March 17, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence