Tag Archives | interviewing
Beth Zoller April 30, 2018
Among the hottest trends an employer needs to be aware of in the US today is the push for pay equity and the multiple efforts to close the persistent wage gap between men and women. It is essential for employers… continue
Linda Pophal May 19, 2017
While recent media and industry buzz would suggest that artificial intelligence, or AI, is something new, the term first emerged in 1956 at a conference at Dartmouth College. IBM Research has been working with AI since the 1950s and, most… continue
Michael Jacobson June 15, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve. The job market is stuck in a rut and it’s not because of people clamoring for jobs. In fact, it’s the… continue
Michael Jacobson March 9, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Now that the #Oscarsowhite controversy is in the rearview mirror, elite Hollywood actors and talent agencies are leading the charge for more diversity… continue
Michael Jacobson December 9, 2015
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Last week’s mass murder at a Southern California office holiday party represents one of the worst workplace violence incidents in US history. Only… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Pressing Questions on Reasonable Accommodations under the ADA and FMLA April 17, 2019
- Why Paid Family Leave Should Be on Your Radar – If It Isn’t Already April 10, 2019
- Sexual Harassment Prevention: Employers Must Do More April 2, 2019
- How to Keep Your Best Employees From Walking Out the Door March 29, 2019
- #SHRMLEG 2019 Fireside Chat: Future of Work Involves More Employee, Social Issues Engagement March 22, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence