Tag Archives | joint employer
Michael Jacobson March 30, 2018
It has been happening for years, right under our collective noses. You always knew it was out there, happening to other people, but you thought it could never happen to you. You figured you’d have some advance notice; that the… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce January 17, 2018
It did not come as a shock to many when the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) took advantage of its narrow window with a Republican-majority in late 2017 and overturned many controversial Obama-era NLRB rulings. As a result, the NLRB… continue
Michael Jacobson December 27, 2017
There’s an amazing Dilbert cartoon that goes like this. Dilbert is in a conference room and his boss (“Pointy-haired Boss”) says: “We need more of what the management experts call ‘employee engagement.’ I don’t know the details, but it has… continue
Michael Jacobson November 30, 2017
At some point in the not too distant future, “Blockchain” technology will revolutionize how we do business. That isn’t so much a prediction as it is a certainty, as the technology itself (not necessarily the various “currencies” that have grown… continue
Michael Jacobson September 28, 2017
Autumn is upon us. The season of change. The air is getting colder (well, it will at some point), days are getting shorter, rakes and leaf blowers emerge from their summer slumber and football dominates the American Zeitgeist, both… continue
Michael Jacobson June 30, 2017
A mid-way point is always a good time to take stock of how you’re doing, where you’re going and what you need to change or focus on in order to get there. In sports, for example, halftimes aren’t only for… continue
Michael Cardman May 15, 2017
It may be hard to believe, but summer is less than six weeks away. More than four out of every 10 employers plan to hire seasonal workers for the summer, according to a survey released last week by the job… continue
Beth Zoller April 24, 2017
Drive down seemingly any major street in suburbia, and you are bound to see a McDonald’s, Dunkin Donuts, Subway or 7- Eleven. Franchises are everywhere and a business model for an employer seeking to have the independence of a small… continue
Michael Jacobson January 25, 2017
Much of the employment-related commentary and guidance around what to expect from the Trump Administration can be summed up as follows: wait and see. I’ve been guilty of it myself with HR Intel, harping on the uncertainty that this transition… continue
Michael Jacobson October 11, 2016
A series of sexual harassment complaints against McDonald’s in the past month has laid the groundwork for a potential new joint employer battle for the purveyor of patties. Fifteen unique charges have been filed with the EEOC in the last… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Coronavirus Poll Results: Remote Work, Workplace Closures and Changes in Pay April 1, 2020
- EEOC Provides COVID-19 Tips for Employer Compliance with Discrimination Laws March 31, 2020
- Addressing Employee Mental Health During the Coronavirus Pandemic March 24, 2020
- HIPAA and the Coronavirus: 7 Big Questions Employers Are Asking March 19, 2020
- Coronavirus: Challenges of a Temporary Remote Workforce and Ensuring Business Continuity March 17, 2020
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence